Chapter Ten

Luke's POV

"Who knew he could flirt back." I say in a cocky tone, walking off to my next class.

It went over his head for about a minute until he realized what I meant,

"Hey! I wasn't flirting!" he yells at me, I just chuckle loudly.

How adorable, so innocent; yet too far for innocence.

I open the door to my class, sighing, then sitting down.

The damn teacher's not even here yet, yes; one might call me impatient, but I'd call myself someone who likes to get stuff done quickly.

After five damn minutes, the teacher FINALLY walks in.

"Hello class. One of our staff members called sick in today, class Three D will put together with our class, we will be doing a group project." Mr. Jueun explains.

Everyone exclaims excitingly, probably out of glee to picking their own partners.

Glee soon ended shortly after,

"Partners will be chosen by myself, you cannot change your partner; no matter how much you beg." He says, everyone groaning loudly.

The other class comes in shortly after he says, I see Xion walk in, I wave my hand towards him to get his attention; which worked, he smiles and struts towards me, sitting in the chair next to mine.

He calls the students that are to be paired with one another, until finally, I hear my name.

"Xion and Luke." He states. Xion and I look at each other, grinning.

"Since originally, this project was meant to be turned in at the end of this month, it shall still be turned in by the end of the month, I expect no later." He says.

Everyone starts to chatter about the project or probably gossiping, that was until the teacher snapped his finger loudly.

"If I remember correctly, students, I don't recall explaining what this project is to be about." He states.

Everyone stays quiet, curious to see what It's about.

"Simply put, the name of this project says it all, Learning To Understand What Couldn't Be Understood, once you realize what the name means, you're going to waste no time figuring out what to do for the project." He explains.

"Class is dismissed." He says, but I see students walking up to his desk, I guess to ask him what the project is about, I too walk up to the line to ask, Xion by side.

Two minutes later, we're up next.

"Hello Luke, Hello Xion. What can I do for you two?" He asks us,

"Like everyone else who's in the line, what does the name mean?" I ask him.

"Well, I cannot explain truly what it means, since it'd give an idea for the project but, I shall hint. Let's say you tell someone something dark and they misunderstand it, but they say, they understand. But the case is, they don't understand, which makes them either want to understand or they will never understand because, they're not you, they have not gone through the same things as you, and they never will. Now boys, you two are smart enough to figure out the rest, good luck, and leave." He explains, then we both leave.

We both head into the hallway, heading to lunch.

"I don't know about you, but that made no sense to me." Xion states, "How odd, it made complete sense to me." I respond back, opening the door to the cafeteria for him.

He says a quick thanks before walking in, I leave the door for another person who's behind me, "Why'd you leave the door open for me?" She asks,

"It was just a nice gesture, what's so wrong about that?" I question her.

I take a look at her from top to bottom, she's got chestnut brown hair, very pale, hazel brown eyes, wearing a sweater, jeans, and tattered up black converse.

Then she answers, not noticing me looking at her.

"Because you're popular." She states, and I chuckle.

"I'm not popular, trust me." I answer.

Her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What do you mean, I saw you hanging out with the popular girls, that would make you a popular kid," she says.

"I slapped one of them, I also pushed the other on the floor, I wouldn't call that hanging out." I quickly reply.

Her jaw drops at the answer.

"What's your name." I ask her impatiently, wanting to get lunch quickly.

"Liyna." She answers nervously.

"I'm Luke, nice to meet you, if you would like to sit next to Xion and I, then say quickly, I'm starving." I state, and she nods following me.

All three of us sit down at a table in the far corner, we all take our lunch bags out, honestly; who has enough money to buy food at the cafeteria five days a week?

I chew on my apple, thinking of the project.

Learning to understand, what couldn't be understood? Such an odd name.

Suddenly, like a light bulb, an idea pops into my mind.

Learn about someone who never had anyone to understand them.

"You okay Luke? You're mumbling a million words a minute." Xion says.

"Liyna, how would you like to come over to my house after school, for a project." I ask her.

She giggles.

"You asking me on a date?" she remarks, I see Xion's eyes slit and his expression is full of anger,

"Sorry gal, I don't roll that way, I'm into guys you see." I say quickly, seeing herself dumbfounded, she facepalms.

"I'm sorry Luke, you're dating Xion, right?" she asks and Xion and I blush.

"Unfortunately, we are not dating." I say and wink at Xion.

"You two got a lot of sexual tension you know." She states.

"Alright, Luke. Can she leave?" Xion responds and pouts.

We all then laugh in sync.