9. Wedding Preparations.

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, Michael's your friend right?" Annie relaxed her shoulders, her head straightening as she realised this wasn't a serious conversation.

"Yeah, yeah. Well, I want to go to his wedding," He started, swallowing as he fiddled with his fingers.

"That's great, it'll be good for you to go out again and see your friends." Annie beamed, clamping her hands together as her eyes crackled up at the sides. She reminded him of Calum when she smiled, the both of them would have creases by their eyes and lips, dimples in their cheeks and a laugh that could make anyone smile. If Luke didn't know any better, he would class them as siblings, or maybe half siblings from a distance, Annie's unruly hair and skin colour was slightly different to Calum's.

"But I don't want to go alone. So I was wondering... maybe, if you didn't have any plans, you'd want to come with me?" He raised his shoulders, rocking on the ball of his feet as he waited for Annie's response.

She was silent for a moment, eyes unsure, teeth sunk into her bottom lip. "I don't know..." she paused, watching as Luke's whole body shrivelled, almost as if he had lost his pride, dignity. She knew on a personal level how much this would mean to Luke, and how much it would truly help him move in the right direction. She just couldn't disagree, not even for her job, or her past, which she still couldn't manage to shake. "That sounds lovely, I'd be happy to go with you. I don't have a dress though..." she puffed out, thinking about her outfits ad none of them were good enough for a wedding.

"Why don't we make our next adventure a shopping trip? I don't think I have a suit that fits anymore." He sighed, because the last time he wore a suit was at an award show where the band won Album of the Year for Youngblood, one of the biggest achievements the boys have ever been rewarded with.

"Sounds good," Annie nodded, waiting a moment as she looked at him before gathering her things and walking out with him.

-

Luke had met Annie at the shopping mall, dressed in a hoodie and some jeans. It wasn't a formal event, even if they were getting dressed for one. She had her hair in a cute bun so it wouldn't get in her face, her bag matching her outfit and making her look like she did this for a living.

"Should we look at dresses first, that'll probably take longer, right?" Luke asked, starting to walk with her towards one of the dress shops. Annie hummed, looking at all the windows with clothes in and mentally wishing she could buy them all.

"Oh this one!" Annie pointed to Lara Anne a very beautiful shop known for its amazing dresses. She pulled Luke in by the arm before dropping it and scanning the shop for dresses appropriate. "Is it a white wedding?"

"I don't know, I think you can just wear whatever." Luke shrugged, not thinking to ask Calum these questions. Annie rolled her eyes, smiling before going over to one of the dresses on display. She picked it from one of the racks and continued to search the store.

3 dresses later and Annie was ready to try them on, leaving Luke to be seated outside of her changing room as he was told to judge her outfits. He already knew that no matter what she wore she'd look beautiful, probably the most beautiful person there, no offence to Olivia.

After several minutes of Annie getting into the first dress, she dragged back the curtain before putting her hands on her hips, looking down at her dress. "I don't know about this." She sighed, feeling at the material before looking to Luke for his opinion.