Maybe it was a false alarm.

"You alright there?" suddenly a voice said from behind me.

I looked up in an instant, and there he was, Blake Harrison, smiling that mega-watt smile.

Granted this bathroom was huge, but how could I not see that he was here all along?

"Ahh!" I gaped in shock.

"Sshh! Don't scream,"

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm trying to hide from—"

"Blake? Blakey, are you in here?" suddenly we heard a girl's voice and the doorknob began to rattle.

He quickly put his finger over his mouth, signaling me to not snitch on him.

"Err, no, he's not here," I replied back and the doorknob stopped moving.

"Oh," we heard her mutter and the sound of her heels walking away.

After waiting in silence for a few more seconds, Blake turned to me with a relieved sigh and said, "Thanks for that."

"Viviane Taylor? Is that who you're hiding from?" of course I recognized that high-pitched bird-like voice.

"Yeah, I'm sorry but the girl's kinda... crazy,"

"Ha-ha, yeah," I agreed. She really could be. One time when we were kids, she bit off the head of my Barbie doll in rage because a boy she liked shared a sandwich with me.

"You're Taya, right?" he said, his eyes studying my face intently.

He knows my name?

"Yeah. And you're the Blake Harrison,"

He smirked when I said that.

"I almost didn't recognize you with the new hair. They look great on you, by the way,"

"Thanks," I couldn't stop my lips from curling into a smile. "Those look great on you too," I was referring to his gorgeous golden hair.

"What, these old thing?" he grinned, raking his hair with his fingers.

Hubba-hubba.

"I can't believe you know my name," I meant to say that in my head, but my mouth went and said it first.

"Of course, you're RJ's little sister,"

"Cousin... sister," I corrected him quickly. As if that changed anything.

"Yeah, I've seen you around. But we never really talk, do we?" he said, cocking his sexy head to the side.

"No we don't,"

"That's a shame. I would have liked talking to you,"

"Yeah?" I bit my lip so he wouldn't notice I was grinning. "Well why didn't you?"

"I don't know if you've realized this, but there's a rule,"

"A what?"

"Every guy in our school knows that if they wanna get close to you, they would need RJ's permission first,"

"That's stupid. How the hell was that even a thing?"

That was a rhetorical question. Of course we both knew exactly how it happened, or who made it happened.

"Don't blame RJ though," he said quickly, as if he could read my mind. "It's not his fault that guys around here are so damn thirsty and you're just so beautiful,"