Epilouge

Mason

Just watching her made me smile. How she played with the twins, making them both laugh. She couldn't hear them but she knew she made them laugh. She was just so...happy. Then she turned, seeing me in the doorway. Her smile grew and she approached me meeting me with a kiss.

"*Someone is happy...see me*" I had to mouth some parts. She only let out a laugh and nodded.

"*Now you get to watch the little monsters. I have to address the pack on some things*" I nodded. It was nice she was starting to get back in the swing of things.

"*Who are you...* okay I don't know how to say Gamma" I finished. She frowned a bit and showed me the sign for Gamma. I repeated it back to her and she nodded.

"*I don't know. But I'll have to pick soon*" a look of gloom killed her mood. 

"I'm sorry-"

"*No it's fine. It was just a reminder of our duties. Anyways-*" then she started to go quicker with her words. I told her to slow down. She just grabbed my hand and wrote. "*^Make sure they don't cause a mess. We need them cleaned up before the ceremony tonight^*"

"*Another ceremony?*"

"*Still have to welcome them yes?*" I smiled at her and she gave a sad smile back. "*Plus we have to....all the lives lost*" I didn't catch that word but I'm going assume memorialize. I nodded in understanding. She went back to the kids, kissing them both on their foreheads before leaving.

~

"You finally figured out names haven't you?" Joseph was wrapping Jaces wrist again. Over the last few days they've been helping each other out, trying to gain back whatever sanity they have left.

"Yes finally we have" Jace winced as Jospeh took a wrong move. Joseph almost scolded the older other man as if telling him to man up. Jace slumped a bit huffing and puffing.

"Bout damn time. I still got my eye on you boy. One wrong fuckup and it's your head" the room went silent. I just stared at Jace in disbelief at his words as well as Joseph. There was a pause. "I'm kidding. Both of you need a chill pill or something" his face broke out in a smile. Joseph and I nervously chuckled back at his 'joke'. "Well your going to tell us right?"

"Sadly I am under oath by your daughter that the information regarding the children's names are to be kept a secret" I mocked her in a way. Her wording just made me laugh a little.

"Ah bullshit. I'm the grandfather! I should know!"

"Yea and I'm Uncle. I should know too" again Joseph took a wrong turn with the bandage and Jace winced. He rolled his eyes once more.

"Sorry guys. I don't want to disturb the misses"

"Happy wife equals happy life I learned that the hard way" Jace spoke. It was nice for that moment. He was comfortable to talk about her now. He didn't get mad or anything, he was fine.

The war changed everyone I feel. Made them all realize how much we can loose in one second. How much hate has been going around that just needs to be put to the side and to think about what matters most. We've all lost a lot. We've lost a whole lot. I glanced over at the twins again. The girl has yet to open her eyes. It's a bit worrisome. Maybe she has an issue with light fixtures or something? Hopefully not.

She'll be fine. She's just a late bloomer

Well you never know. Something could be really wrong with her! What if she's blind like mother? We are going to have to get through treatment and doctors and all that so she can see. Then we have to- He was going to keep rambling but I stopped him.

Someone is growing a soft spot. Coal we should be careful.

Ah go fuck yourself. Both Coal and I snickered at his remark. Then there was a whimper from the girl. Here we go again.

~
Kamali

"*I want to address everyone. I think we should start with the past few days. But signing would be too much so I'm going to let Mason speak for me to get the message across*" the whole pack then turned their attention to him. He looked nervous, kind of. I grabbed his hand in reassurance. He seemed to take a deep breathe then turned his attention to the rest of the pack.

"So. I haven't been here long. Only a year really. But I've took this pack to become my new family. As known I had a really messed up family" the room grew tense, just the air grew tense. "And I want to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what they have done to you. What they tried to do to all of you. Yet I have no control over them, they are all different people" he took another pause running a hand over his face. "Most of them are dead. I don't feel guilty for their deaths either. Only for my sister" he paused again, maybe his voice cracked? There were a few wet eyes in the audience. "Both my sisters were just manipulated to hate rouges. Before i was mated to Kamali I hated Rouges. That's just how we were raised. Because we were raised that way, we were manipulated. So I forgive both my sisters. Alpha Emily and Sophie. I wish I was able to tell Sophie I forgive her but she's gone now so I can't...

So I ask the rest of this pack for forgiveness for the good part of my family. For my sisters and my mother. Even though Ryder...defended us in the war against his brother. You are not aloud to feel pity for him. I won't allow you to do that. I want to say sorry for all the lives lost defended our pack and your Alpha. I want to remember them and their great sacrifice, their contribution to protecting all of our children. Not just mine but all of ours. Who ever has suffered a lost this past week, stand up, the rest of you sit down" they all stood still, still standing.

Everyone's lost somebody. Everyone of them.

"Now as an Alpha I'm not telling you to move on. No I'm telling you to remember this week. Remember the fight we had to do to survive. From now on the Rouges won't be seen as low life's. We will be seen as a threat. Violence won't be all we are known for. We are now known for loyalty. Because that's what the term rouges means in my books. Yes the pack wolves helped us in this fight and that I thank my sister for. Yet pack wolves don't understand the true meaning of being a rouge is. They don't get that privilege" another silence.

"They don't deserve it. So let this be a new chapter for us. Hi. I'm Mason. Mason Moon. I'll be changing my name soon to Mason Cawthon and my children will be named accordingly. Kamali is still your Alpha. I won't be overpowering her in any way. Not anymore. You can count on that. Yes I am a Hybrid I'll be leaving for blood moons. So will my kids once they get older. I want to introduce you your future Alphas for the rouges" I turned to the bassinet, Jonathan grabbing the boy as I grabbed the girl. "Meet Alec and Alicia Cawthon" they all bowed their heads in respect. Just as always.

Then there was peace in the air. Everyone felt a bit calm. I felt calm. Mason felt calm. Everything was going to be alright. I glanced down to make sure the kids were okay then looked back up. Some had shifted and started to howl. Peace.

Until I looked down at at girl in my hands to see her eyes open and her eyes weren't red. Alicia just stared at me with bright blue eyes.

The End