Chapter Thirty-Two

Kamali

I felt my heart sink. My grip on the table tightening. Something was wrong. I rushed out of my office, rushing to find someone. I turned the corner Joseph was having a conversation with some of the Seniors. The girls were nervously twirling their hair, giggling at all of the comments he made. I rolled my eyes, stomping my foot on the ground. He turned around, obviously flustered, his hand nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"Duty calls" he saluted to them, making them giggle again. They said their byes quickly leaving. I just glared at him. "You know I don't think they just want to friends"

"*Cut the shit something's wrong. Terribly wrong. I can feel it*" he only tilted his head.

"I think your fine. I mean your heat is-"

"*Not me dumbass! Mason!*" I stomped my foot again.

"Hey I'm sure everything is absolutely fine , *Just relax*" his hands then went on my shoulders. I took in a deep breathe, the tickling feeling at the back of my mind was still haunting me. But Syra was still  nervously moving around in my mind. Pacing back and forth. "When was the last time you took a step back from Alpha duties"

"*When my heat started*" he rolled his eyes.

"Let me rephrase that. When was the last time you fully relaxed" I gave him a glare.

"*My birthday*" I snapped back. He flinched. "*Look I'm sorry. Just I'm on edge. Syra is on edge*" he seemed to have sighed. Then his eyes had glazed over. His body going tense. It was like that for a few minutes. His hands tightening into fist. Then he came back, his mouth gaped open, he was afraid. "*What? What is it*"

He wouldn't speak. He just began to slowly back away. "*Joseph*" I put my hands on my hips. What is he doing?

"You were right...he's back already" my eyes then widen. We both then began to walk, quickening to a running pace.

~

"*Let me see him*" the men moved aside from the door, allowing me to walk in with Joseph in tow. He was standing with his back turned to me. I could tell he was talking to someone at the other side of the table who I later recognized as Jonathan. The door shut making him turn to face me. His hardened expression softened, he then immediately appeared in front of me, pulling me into a hug. I returned it, letting out a breathe. He was okay. Thank the moon goddess. I took a step back, checking for any wounds he could possibly have. He made me look up, shaking my shoulders a bit.

"Hey I'm fine...physically" I gave a look of concern, physically? He stepped out of my view allowing for Jonathan to sign to me.

"*You need to know what is on the tape*" my eyebrows   creased together. I walked over to the screen in which he was over, staring at the words that began pop up on screen.

****

"You haven't heard what's been going on. The rouges won't move westward so our west border is weak. Just the fact that you..could get in here and get so close to the pack house without anyone noticing is scary"

"Wait what do you mean...'me'..?"

"Well um you know. Your a Hybrid. You shouldn't get that far to here without anybody not noticing you. Next thing you know it could an army of hybr-"

"And what makes you think that someone like 'me' would want to hurt you?"

"N-no. No it's nothing against you. I'm talking about.."

"Stop lying" he had stopped, the screen going blank. Until he continued. "You are scared of me..."

"M-Mason can you blame me? What you did to Mom and what Dad has-"

"What did he say?" The computer must've made a noise, the table had shaked. "To think I came back to help you....help this pack. Yet you can't even trust me. Your brother of all your life. I took care of you. Kept everyone off you and Kamalis back when you were friends with her when you guys were little"

"Masy.."

"You have no fucking right to call me that anymore. I'm done with you. I'm-"

Mason had come over, shutting off the computer. I sat there, thinking. Zoning out. Why would she do this? She loved her brother more than anything last time I remembered. I know what he did, but she knows he can't control that. Why? My eyes snapped up to Mason again, he had let out his breathe. "I'm sorry. I've failed you" I rested my eyes, trying to get my thinking straight. I still couldn't believe this was happening.

"*You didn't fail me, it's wasn't your fault they had betrayed you too. What happened after that? Were you attacked?*" He had looked back, Jonathan had translated for him. He turned back to me.

"No, nothing. I had left" why did I feel like he was lying?

"*You can tell me*" he shook his head.

"Nothing else had happened. Look on the tape" but I still felt like there was something else. The way he looked at the floor instead of me. It was almost as if he was pleading for me not to say it out loud. Maybe he did not trust Jonathan after all. I stayed quiet for a bit. Like normal. I just didn't move my hands. That's my silence. Then I continued.

"*I trust you. We need to call for another meeting. We need to prepare for a war*" J had translated, making Mason look up, sighing in almost relief. He then quietly mouthed a Thank you to me, making me tilt my head in my own curiosity.

"*Right away. Do you wish to start with increase in training?*" J had signed. I shook my head.

"*I want Seniors and Juniors pulled out of school. Also all adults who are able to fight. I want everyone armed with, and don't repeat this to Mason, both Vampire and Werewolf weapons*" he nodded only repeating the first part, making up some other words to follow it.

"I want to help. As long as they don't fight in the day I want to help protect the rouges" Mason has spoken up.

I went to shake my head but he stopped me with his voice. "I'm also Alpha. I don't think rouges need a ceremony for that right" that's what we haven't talked about. Even if he's getting the powers of a true alpha he still wasn't one. That's not how it works.

"*Don't say anything... I didn't tell him about that*" J nodded, not repeating what I said.

"*Okay. Fine*"