Chapter Twenty-Nine

Kamali

"^*Everything is fine?*^" he had nodded allowing me to let out a sigh of relief. I leaned against him, relaxing a bit. In a few days this heat will be over. "^*And your sister?^*" I had to turn around to face him. His eyebrows knitted together.

"She is still keeping to her promise. I know my sister, she always keeps her promises" that gave me a sense of worry. I still remembered what she said. About killing my mate. "What's got you worried?"

"^*Everything...she has thousands at her command. Trained thousands. We have half her army*^"

"No that's not it....it's something else" I bit my lip. I heard him growl, well felt him growl.

"*^She doesn't know about us...she said she was to kill you when she saw my mark^*" he stopped growling and for some reason stayed calm.

"Ryder likes to do that...for some reason"

"*^Whats that?^*"

"Not tell the truth" I felt sorrow. That's coming from him. I didn't want to question it. The sorrow went back to his okay state. "You know I've been thinking. This whole writing thing is becoming I don't know lengthly. How about you teach me sign language?"

My eyebrows raised in amusement. "^*You can learn??^*"

"Stop it. Look I'm serious"I tilted my head at him. "I'm for real" wait. An idea.

"*^You will have to learn from the person who taught me^*" he gave a questioning look.

"Who's that?" All I could do was give a stupid grin.

~
Mason

"Your dad?!" All I could do was stare at the broken down house in front of me. She had smiled lightly, holding onto my hand.

"*^Its about time you meet him^*" I looked around at the forest around us, concerned.

"I can't believe I allowed you to leave the house, smelling like that"

"*^Not my fault you give into seduction easily..^*" she smirked pausing leaving me to growl. "^*Plus with you around I won't get hurt^*" she had winked at me. I shook my head as she began to drag me towards the door. She had knocked rather quietly. We waited a few until she got impatient and opened the door. I followed her through the door.

Then I was grabbed, something cold against my neck. "You panic. You'll alert her. I wouldn't do that if I were you buddy so stay calm, just look at her" I relaxed as best I can. I looked down at the knife at my throat, staring at it with a blank gaze. "Who are you? What are you doing in my house with my daughter?"

"Hello Jace. Still a crazy son of bitch I see"

"You don't know me. I don't know you. Now why the fuck are you with my daughter?" She just kept walking. Not noticing I was being held up by her father.

"How about you turn me the hell around do you will know who the fuck I am" my eyes glowed red. I tried to stay calm but Caleb had obvious, other ideas. I just kept staring at Kamali. Turn around. Turn around.

It was as if she was on command. She had turned, her eyes had widen at the sight. She had began to sign something angrily. Jace responded. "He could have been holding you hostage for all I care!" She began to sign again, the knife then dropping to the ground. I stepped away from him, glaring, my eyes still their red color.

"Well I'll be damned. The spawn of Satan himself" his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"If your talking about my 'fathers' then they fall under that category" Jace had only smirked. She had sighed again to him, motioning between him and I.

"She says that you need to calm down Caleb, whoever that is" he waved it off. I blinked a few times, the red going away. He walked away, sitting on a old couch. He grabbed a bottle on the floor, taking a swig from it.

"See your ways haven't changed" I walked to Kamali, holding her hand in mine.

"See you marked my daughter. Without my condolences at that. What did you mate yet too?" Her eyes had narrowed at his words. She signed something to him, making him chuckle and shake his head. "I'm being completely appropriate. Your mated to him" he pointed to me, this only made her stomp her foot in anger. She signed again only making him sigh. He paused for a while before speaking.

"When was the last time you saw your mother Mason?" I held my breathe. Kamali's hold on me tightened.

"*^You don't have to answer that^*" I ignored her. This man was getting on my last nerve.

"I ripped her throat out. That's when!" His eyes had went wide in fear. They had matched Kamali's. "This was a mistake. We should've never came here" my eyes locked onto hers. Pleading that we leave.

"^*No you two need to get along*^" she had signed to him as well, probably saying the same exact thing.

"Fuck that!" He screamed out, his teeth gritting.

"That's it. Kamali we are leaving...now!" Guilt. She was admitting guilt. I felt it. But it couldn't drown out the rage I felt for this man. She signed again to her dad, rather angrily now.

"Buh-Bye!" He took another sip from his drink, putting the empty bottle on the ground. With that I turned, slamming the door on my way out. She didn't follow me. I needed to blow off some steam.