Chapter Thirty-Eight

Kamali

They came back in the afternoon. Both of them exhausted out of their minds. But they both looked scared. Especially Alex. I tried to ask him what happened but all he did was shake his head and keep walking away from me. It worried me. I haven't seen him like this since...Maria. It really did worry me.

Dad was sitting across from me, on the other side of my desk. "*So...?*"

"*She said yes...shockingly*" I nodded in response. Thank god. I then frowned.

"*Something else happened...didn't it*" he averted his gaze from me. He didn't want to talk about it. But I had to pry. I had to. He didn't speak. Didn't talk through his fingers. My father had put up His wall again, and this time it was made of cement. "*Its something to do with Alex...isn't it?*"

"Drop it Kamali" he snarled back.

"*It was Maria wasn't it? Marcus was there so-*"

"I said drop it you ungrateful child!" He stood up at this point furious.  My eyes narrowed at him. What had gotten into him? "Your mates at the door. Just, let him know the terms" he said in a lower voice. I glanced at the camera to see he was right, pressing the button to let him in. As he began to walk in my father than began to storm out. Mason glanced at my father, with a curious glance.

"Is he okay?" I sighed in defeat, rubbing my temples. "That bad?" I nodded again. He leaned against the back of the desk, staring at me with such a boyish look. Enough to make me smile slightly. "What now?" I took hold of his hand.

"*^You^*" his eyes brows raised. "*^I have some good news^*"

"Oh?" He smirked at me, drinking in my features.

"*^Your Alpha ceremony is going to be...in two days^*" His head tilted.

"The day Emily is coming?" I nodded.

"*^We are going to do it just before Dawn. You know so you have enough time to get cover. Hopefully it will also stop the war from happening and help us focus on the more important part^*" he nodded gloomily. I gave him a sad smile. My fingers then traced over his knuckles, rubbing smooth little circles.

"I could never dream of this day. Me. Becoming an Alpha. I never thought I would ever get this chance"

"*^You are destined to become an Alpha. By blood right. Now, by Mate right^*" he then automatically, leaned down, his lips pressing onto my forehead. A sweet kiss.

"I love you" I blinked a few times. Making sure the words coming out of his mouth were correct. "Kamali?"

"*^I'm sorry. What did you say?^*" all he could do was smile, his pearly white showing.

"I...love...you" he said slower. I felt like I was grasping onto each and every word. I felt myself loosen my tense sitting position. Leaning back against the chair a bit.  His beast had shown, glowing and grinning at me.

"*^I love you too^*" His grin could only grow at my words I wrote. All of a sudden I was thrown in the air. I let out a sound, a squeal I believe as he caught me spinning me. After a bit he set me back down on the desk, standing in between my legs.

"You've been tempting me all day Alpha. Wearing those tight, little shorts and skimpy tank top. Stretching your limbs. Do you like to be a little tease?" He kissed my mark making me let out a tiny groan. He mumbled something else under his breathe, cursing to himself. "The things I could do to you. For teasing me little mate" His words made me shiver. He kept talking but the blurriness was in my head wasn't allowing me to focus.

How about I show who is the dominant one?

Syra...don't-

She didn't listen, taking over me instead. She smirked at him, pulling away for his wolf to see her. She sensed him growling in approval, her yellow eyes blinking at him.

"*^I rather you show me what your going to do to me...^*" his eyes only glowed more. His lips finding hers in meer seconds. Both of them fought for dominance and as promised she got it. "*^On second thought. How about I show you what I've been wanting all day...^*"

~

"Do you ever think about what would happen if I rejected you back?" I tensed at his question. I shifted under the covers a bit, clutching them to my chest.

"*^No...I try not to^*" he shifted also, facing the ceiling. "*^Why?^*" he seemed to let out a breathe.

"I don't know...just. I think about how different I would be. I probably would've turned into my father. My real father" his eyes flashed. I frowned.

"*^I don't think you would've turned into him^*" he shrugged.

"Getting rejected by my mate. Rejected by my own family. Where else would I go?"

"*^I know you. You would've resisted^*" he sighed again. Syra wasn't liking he feeling he was giving off. I sat up a bit, still keeping my bare ness covered. "^*You shouldn't think so much into it*^" he gave me a tight smile, leaning up to kiss my lips again. I returned the favor, leaning down.

I then broke away, Sadly. "*^I have to go. There's some more alpha duties I have to take care of^*" he then rolled his eyes flipping over. He had both hands at either of my side. He smirked.

"They can wait" I smiled at his towering figure, giving into my mate.

~
Mason

I glanced through the fridge. I was starving. My head was already beginning to spin. I've been trying to reduce Caleb much as I could. Drinking less and less helped with that. At the same time it made me feel weaker and weaker. I stared at a certain section of the fridge. No blood bags.

Fucking great. I glanced outside to see the day out. The clouds were blocking the suns rays so I should be fine. I sped out the house, staying under the shadows of the trees. Oddly it was quiet even though it was mid day. No one was really out.  I kept going deeper into the forest. Searching for something to eat. I smelled the air then stopped dead in my tracks.

"Amelia?" I heard a twig snap. I turned around to see her. She had tears welled up in her eyes.

"Masy" I bent down allowing for her to run into my arms. Her tiny arms clutched around my neck, sobbing into my shoulder.

"Amelia...what are you doing here? Alone?" She shook her head, sobbing more. "Hey...shhh...relax. Relax. Please tell me"

"Run" she whispered in my ear.

"Wha-"

"R-Run!" It was too late. I felt myself being controlled by Caleb. Then someone stepped into view.

"Your too gullible son. Always have been. Caleb. I thank you for risking yourself for this. You were always my favorite" Caleb had only grinned.

"Anything for you father" if I was in control, I would've glared and spat at his shoes. Instead he put a hand on Caleb's shoulder.

"Lets go settle for the second part shall we?"

"We shall" no matter how many times I tried to gain back control. No matter how much I screamed. I was a prisoner in my own mind.

Caleb grabbed hold of Amelia, dragging her with him.