Chapter Eighteen

"Y-your serious about that?"

"Does the look on my face tell you other wise? We have been living in their shadows for to long. I say it's finally time we step up" No that can't happen. It can't. Coal was whimpering on the inside, trying to tell me to do something about it. Yet Caleb kept me quiet somehow. "Is there a problem with that son?" 

"Uh..what happened to your wolf side?" I changed the topic. I needed to know more if I was to be on his good side. His head tilted in amusement.

"Why? Is that mutt still nagging in your mind?"

"Oh uh yea...yea" I stared around, trying to look where she had went. I tried to sniff the air, she was good at this.

"You seem very, very distracted. How come?" I glanced at the door as I heard it close. He had also snapped his head up at the slight noise. "Someone's here. Get behind me" stop him!

But instead I followed after him, following him into my room. Thank god there was no sign of her. He still looked around the room, then his gaze went to the bloodied pillow on the bed. It was where she previously laid while I tried to clean her wound. He walked over to it, the picked it up, smelling it.

"Traveler you say?" He then looked at the messy bed, the covers almost on the floor. He rolled his eyes mumbling to himself. "Teenagers"

"You know I'm an adult right? Like I make decisions on my own" his eyes brow raised as he put the pillow back down carefully.

"Yes I could tell mister adult" his voice came out
strained until he cleared his throat. "Your still technically a child you know? Well in Vampire form you are"

I avoided the statement. "What are you doing here Father? You can see that I'm taking care of myself swimmingly"

"You know after being gone for that many years I would think you would..How would I say...oh enjoy my company"

"I do enjoy talking to you it's just you caught me
at a bad time" he then sat on the bed, his face scrunched up as a crumpling of paper sounded. He got up reaching under him and grabbed the pad Kamali was writing on. My eyes widen and he looked at it with confusion.

"Bad time you say? Looks like you were interviewing yourself"

"Well uh-"

" 'Why did you hurt me?' 'Can you control him at all?' What type of questions are these?"

"That's how Caleb and Cole communicate really"

" 'Will you let me go? Back to my pack?' Who else was here Mason?"

"T-The Traveler! I totally forgot she was um mute because I ripped her vocal cords out"

"So this woman was alone that's very hard to believe"

"Yea well she was alone. She was kicked out of her pack when I took her and ended her miserable life" he got up again, getting up in my face.

"Then why is it that I hear three heartbeats in this house" I think my heart had stopped, dropping into my stomach. He seems to enjoy, striking that nerve as he stepped back smirking. "And I don't think the traveler is that third heart beat"

Run Kamali. Run get out of here mind linking was no use. She couldn't hear me. She couldn't know. I had to get him out of the house I had to-

The front door was opened then slammed shut. The noise all to familiar. Did she really hear me? He grinned and he was out the door in the blink of an eye. He left the door swinging open. Then something in expected. Her scent was here. The most compelling scent was right here. She stepped out from behind the couch, gripping onto it so she wouldn't fall again. I sighed in relief running over her and holding onto her.

"Never do that again. What if you actually ran out? Or what if he actually saw you?" She took my hand in hers, writing down imaginary letters.

"*^I have my tricks^*" I chuckled, my eyes tracing over to the mark on her neck. I just stared a bit till her fingers traced over my hand again.

"*^Who was he?^*" I froze, stiffening.

"I don't think I would tell you. I think you would fear me more than you already do"

"^*Please tell me. I won't judge I may already have a guess on who he is*^"

"You seem to know me so well. How about you do guess" she was hesitant with her next choice of words that were written on my hand.

"*^Your real father^*"

"How did you-"

"*^My father told me. I'm so sorry you had to learn what he did to her^*" my teeth clenched,  What is she saying?

"No it's rather what she did to him" she looked confused at first. Then her face turned even more pale with fear.

"*^What did he tell you?^*"

"She left him when she knew he was a monster, when she knew he was my kind" she shook her head. No. "What do you mean no?"

"*^He's telling lies^*"

"Why would he lie to me? To his only son?"

"*^Because he wants to make you the monster^*"

I shook my head, my grip on her waist tightening. "Untrue. Your lying. All he has been doing is helping me"

"*^I heard what he said. Domination over all the werewolf's. You are a werewolf, why would you rid the power of your kind?^*"

"Don't you see? My kind isn't the werewolf's. No it's him. He says there's more of me, more of us. Don't take that away from me"

"*^Dont live a lie. He's lying to you and I fear if I tell you the truth you would rampage and regret so much*^"

"Nothing you say can affect me mate. Other than the rejection you can't give me now. Hit me. You don't know my life. You don't know me"

Her face seemed to sadden, her expressions turning grim. It hurt me making her feel this way. It hurt me hard. She went to say something on my hand again but I couldn't bare it. She was writing something but I didn't pay attention. Instead I quickly put my lips on hers. Her eyes widen at the sudden gesture, she tried to pull back but I only put my hand behind her head not allowing her to move.

Her eyes then fluttered shut as so did mine, she eased into the savoring kiss, making it last. That was until a voice broke out into the air.

"Well isn't this a turn in events?"