Mating Aftermath

Five months. It had been five long months since Rocky mated with Everest; and he hadn't slept the entire time. Each night he would lie awake on his pup bed and fret.

"What if Ryder gets mad and kicks us out? Or kept just Everest, and kicked me out!? What if our puppies aren't puppies? What if they come out as peculiar wolf-pup mixes! Oh! What am I going to dooooo!?"

He was in a state of total despare, and what Everest was doing didn't make the situation any easier. It was true that she was not pregnant, but she did look pregnant. She had purchased a fake, inflatable belly to wear around Rocky. And every month, she'd inflate just a tad more, to seem as though she was "growing".

One day, when Skye and Everest were snickering about how paranoid Rocky had become, Marshall overheard them and was shocked.

"You've been faking all this time? You shouldn't be so mean to Rocky, he is probably the nicest pup in all Adventure Bay. I expect more from you especially, Everest; his, and my, girlfriend. Why, if you keep this up, I may just reconsider being your boyfriend. I'm sure Rocky would agree."

This made the girls, mostly Everest, think.

"You're right. Sorry, Marshall, I should be nice and tell Rocky the truth. Thanks for stopping this ugly trick." Everest said, and gave him a big, human-style kiss.

Marshall's eyes turned to hearts and he walked off mumbling things about Everest. Skye giggled.

"Well, time to fess up." Everest said, going to Rocky's door. She knocked and found a frizzed, sleepy, unusually dirty Rocky.

"Everest? What's wrong, are you... wait! Your belly. Did you have the puppies?!? What do they look like? Are they pups or wolves? Is Ryder keeping us, and how are you standing? You need rest, I'll get you a..."

Everest placed a paw into his mouth. "Actually, I have a confession to make: I was never pregnant, I just wanted to, you know, prank ya and stuff. But, as Marshall pointed out, I shouldn't have done so with such a serious matter. So, long story short, it was a fake belly and I hope you'll forgive me... oh! And Ryder doesn't know we had... um, (whispering) sex. I said I was pranking you, thats how I explained the air belly."

Rocky didn't answer, he just stared blankly at her.

"Uh, Rocky?" Everest asked.

"So, no puppies? And, Ryder doesn't know?" He asked her.

"No, no puppies. And yes, Ryder does not know. Why?"

"Because, that means I can finally... get a... good... night's... sleep. Zzzz..." And with that, Rocky passed out right on top of her paws and began to snore.