Discovering the Diamond

After 30 minutes, longer than Chase had predicted, the tranquilizer wore off and Rocky began to stir. He lifted his head from its position on the ground and looked around.

"What happened?" He asked groggily.

"Well," Marshall began, "We were all stating to believe you and Zuma, then Chase came up and thought you were a real wolf who was attacking Skye so he shot you with a tranquilizer dart and you've been out cold for about thirty minutes."

Rocky swivelled his head towards Chase. "Really? I know I look like a true wolf from far off, but if you're close range could you not see the collar with a recycling symbol on it around my neck?" He said, jingleing the tag.

"Hehe... sorry. I'll try to be a little more observant in the future."

"Alwright!" Zuma said, loud enough for all of them to hear. "Now that we know Wocky is hawrmless, we have to figuwre out a way to change him back. Any ideas, dudes?"

The pups looked back and forth at one another. None of them had thought that far ahead yet. They paced, sat, and wandered about in attempts to think of something to try. They did this for what seemed like hours. Dozens of ideas were presented, and turned down just as quickly. Even Rubble and Tracker came to see what was going on, but they were stumped as well. Finally, Rocky has the lightbulb effect appear on his face.

"I've got it! The last thing I remember before changing into a wolf was rumaging through the bushes at the park with Zuma and finding some strange pin-- the one on my collar-- and that's all. So, it nust have been the pin that transformed me."

"Then what are you waiting for? Take it off." Rubble said.

Rocky put on his pup pack and barked out his claw. He began yanking at the pin. The others watched as he eventually got it to release. And then... nothing happened.

"Wasn't he supposed to change back?" Skye asked.

"(Sigh) That's what I was hoping for." He said with disappointment.

"Wait!" Chase said, alarming Rocky, who proceeded to jump 3 feet into the air. "I may have seen this pin before... but where at? I think... it was... yes! A book; one of the books in the library."

"Are you sure, Chase?" Rocky asked him, his confidence returning slightly.

"Yes, I'm sure of it. Come on, it may tell us how to turn you back."

The pups ran for their vehicles and drove as fast as they could to the city library. Once inside, Chase asked Ms. Marjorie, the librarian, if she remember the name of the book he read the other day.

"Hmm." She thought. "I think it was shelf V, or maybe I... Now I remember. Maynard! Bring Chase the book you found, he and his friends need it."

The raccoon, Maynard, ran up to the pups carrying the book in his mouth.

"Thank you, Maynard. Here you go, pups." Ms. Majorie said.

"Thank you, Ms. Marjorie. You too, Maynard." They said.

They left the library and stopped in the pup park to get a little more informed about the mysterious pin.

"Ok." Chase said, reading aloud from the book. "This is the Wolfious Tribe Pin, an ancient wolf civilization used to wander here before Adventure Bay was built. The only know things that survived from the tribe are that pin and the staff of their chief, Mounto Mastico. He was the last chief before their exstintion. As for the cure... um, it says... there isn't one."

Every pup changed their face upon hearing what the second in command has just said. Rocky looked bewildered and shook his head.

"N-no cure... you mean, I'm stuck as a wolf forever!? Well, good-bye, Adventure Bay, and hello new life of living alone. Bye guys, I need to start moving." Rocky announced.

The rest looked on in surprise.

"What do you mean 'need to start moving'? You live with us." Everest said.

"I bet the Mayor wouldn't like a wolf like me living here, I'll leave now to avoid any panic." He said, even sader than before.

"Rocky!" Skye shouted, scareing all the pups. "Why would you even think that the Mayor would be mean and kick you out?"

"Beca..."

"Because nothing." Skye said, stopping Rocky mid-word. "The only thing you are going to do is sit and stay like a good boy. Now sit and stay."

"But, Skye..."

"I said to sit and stay!" She yelled.

Rocky wimpered, but sat quickly and at attention.

"You were saying, Chase?" Skye said sweetly, turning the attention back to the German Shepherd.

"Uh, r-right. It says here, there is no cure; but, it also says that the diamond in the pin has magical qualities. All you need to do is aligne it with the head of a sewing pin while holding it in a moon beam over a mixture of moss and toad skins. After that, you will be able to turn from a wolf to a pup at any time or place."

SBN: MUCH LATER...
Rocky relaxed in his pup house; today was the hardest problem he had to solve, probably. Either way, the mixed breed pup wanted nothing more than to just sleep and escape into the land of dreams. Now that he could change from wolf to pup any time or place, there were no worries; but, peace is never a permanent thing on Earth.
___________________________________
To be continued...