The Ancient Artifact

Long ago, deep in a forest, a lone, old wolf dragged himself across the ground. Slowly, he dug a small hole and placed a tiny object inside.

"I'm (cough!) sorry, whoever finds this. But, hopefully, there will be a cure for it (cough! cough!) then." He said hoarsely. Soon, the old, large wolf was no more. Many years passed, and the item within the forest was never discovered; until one day. The city of Adventure Bay had been built in the edge of those woods, and the pups' park was placed on the area which held the item. And it just so happened, that a pup was playing near that spot.

"I love building things I the sand!" Rocky said, stepping back to admire the finished sculpture of Marshall.

"You like building things mowre than Wubble, Wocky." Zuma, Rocky's friend, said.

"Maybe; in sand, anyway. Hey... what's that thing pokeing out of the ground over there?" Rocky said aloud as he walked to the object, a few yards from Zuma. Unfortunately, this was the small, cursed pin which the ancient wolf had buried. "What kind of..." Rocky was cut off when he picked up the pin, for it magically floated into the air and pinned itself to his collar. 'What is this thing doing?' He thought, but suddenly felt a strange feeling in his tail. In a flash of light, in place of the cute, kind pup, there stood a dark, angry, hungry-looking wolf; one that wore Rocky's hat and collar. "Hoooowwwwl!"

"(Gulp!) What was that? W-wocky? Awre you there?" Zuma asked, shaking in his fur.

'Zuma, I forgot.' Rocky said to himself. He hurried back and leaped out of the brush.

"Aah!" Zuma yelled when he saw the wolf, so Rocky tried talking to him. Unfortunately, the only things Zuma heard were growling and snarling.

"P-please d-don't eat me, M-mr. Wolf. I-I don't taste v-vewry good." He trembled.

'What's wrong with him? I just told him what happened, and he's acting like... hey, wait... whaa? Am I... a wolf? How did that happen? I'll need Zuma's help with this, but he can't understand wolf; I'll have to show him it's me. Hmmm... Aha! My pup tag!' Rocky thought.

Zuma saw the pup tag when Rocky showed him and slowly put the story together; after thinking the wolf had eaten his friend, that is.

"Um, Wocky, awre you the wolf?"

Rocky nodded in agreement, even though Zuma still stared at him with a confused look on his face.

After staring at the wolf for a moment, Zuma asked him a horrific question.

"If you weally awre Wocky, then what awre we going to tell the others? What if they don't like the idea of a wolf teammate?"

With that, Rocky panicked.
'What if Zuma's right? What if they make me leave the Lookout, or the city! (Gulp!) Or worse! O-or what if...'

Meanwhile, the Chocolate Lab watched him zoom around the park, becoming more hysterical with every passing second. So, being the brave and daring pup he is, Zuma extended a little, brown paw and slapped his friend back to reality. Rocky snarled, which caused the 'brave' pup to back up and quake a little.

"Hehe... sorwy, d-dude. P-please, don't e-eat m-me. Um... s-since you twried to say that you'wre Wocky, I'll stick by you; no matter what. Plus I think the others will undewrstand; and if they don't..." He paused, then resumed, "If they don't, I will stay with you; even if they make you leave."

Rocky said nothing, not even a whimper escaped his muzzle. Zuma began to wonder if his friend was alright, but noticed he seemed to be teary eyed.

"Uh, Wocky? You still thewre? Hello?"

Suddenly, the large pup-turned-wolf grabbed the Lab and gave him the biggest hug in his life, also the strongest.

"Thanks dude, but you'wre stawrting to cwrush my wribs."

"Oh, sorry." Said a normal Rocky voice.

"Hey! You can speak again!" Zuma said.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah, guess changing like this made me forget."

So the two started to walk back to their lookout tower home, prepared for the best or the worst.
____________________________________
To be continued...