Guys, It's Me

Skye, Everest, and Marshall were sitting outside the Lookout when the two friends strolled up the driveway. Zuma led Rocky aside and explained what they'd do.

"Alwright, you hide behind your puphouse until I say, then you come out and show them. Got it?"

He nodded, and Zuma started walking toward their friends.

'I really hope Zuma knows what to say, like, how to break it easily to them.' Rocky thought.

"Uh, hey dudes. What's up? Anything intewrseting going on?" Zuma asked. Rocky face-pawed at his friend's simplicity.

"Nope." Marshall said.

"Nothing, why?" Skye said.

"Yeah, what's up with you, Zuma?" Everest asked.

"Well, Wocky and I have a small pwroblem."

"What?" Asked Marshall, cocking his head to one side.

"Well, ah... Wocky has been... tuwrnedintoawolf." Zuma mumbled in a whisper.

"Huh?" The three said in unison.

"He's beentuwrnedintoawolf." He said again.

"What?"

"I have been turned into a wolf! Gaa!" Rocky shouted in a deep, gruff voice as he leaped out from behind his vehicle.

"EEEEEK!" The girls shrieked. Marshall stood up and growled.

"Whoops. Guys, calm down. It really is me." Rocky said, trying to calm the situation down.

"How do we know its you though? Do something only Rocky could do." Marshall said.

"Liiiike...?" Rocky asked, tilting his head.

"I know!" Zuma stated, grabbing everyone's attention. "I'll be wight back."

He ran inside and quickly returned with Ryder's calculator. Zuma punched in some numbers then looked at Rocky.

"Multiply 3,265 by 1.2, add 90, and subtwract 3 to the thiwrd power; without the calculator."

"Will you all believe me then?"

"Hmmm. Yes, I'd believe you." Marshall agreed.

Skye and Everest nodded.

Rocky smiled. "Great! This is easy. The answer is 209,613."

Zuma hit 'enter' on the machine and figured up the true answer.

He looked at Rocky. "Your answer is... cowrect!" Zuma said.

"O.k. That is for sure Rocky; but, what happened to you, buddy?" Marshall asked.

"Poor Rocky." Both girls said, but Everest quickly asked, "You won't try to eat us, will you?"

"No! I would never even think about eating my friends. Besides, you all are more like family to me than friends." He said.

"Aww. That's sweet Rocky, we love you too." Skye said.

"Thanks." Rocky said, then he grinned and each pointy tooth glistened in the sunlight. Each pup eyed them cautiously.

"Wocky, please don't show those off to the west of the patwrol." Zuma said, his gaze still locked upon the many, many jagged teeth.

Rocky noticed that they all had gone silent while watching his maw.

"Oh! This is terrible! Now my own friends are afraid of me. GRRR! I could just... CHOMP!" He finished his 'outburst' by taking a bite out of a nearby tree trunk.

"Dude, you'wre kinda scawring me." Zuma told him in a timid voice.

"(Sigh) Sorry Zummmmmmaa.... (zzzzzzz! Snoring)" Rocky eyes fluttered and he suddenly fell asleep right in front of their eyes.

"Huh? Guys look!" Skye pointed to a small dart stuck in the wolf. "Someone hit him with a tranquilizer."

"Good thing I KO'D that wolf when I did, eh? He almost got you all." Said Chase, who proudly walked into the scene and awaited praise for his deed.

"Chase!" The group shouted.

"That is Rocky, not a real wolf!" Skye said, steaming.

"What? Rocky? But, it looks like a wolf. How do you know it's Rocky?" Chase asked, confused.

"Because Zuma said so, and since when do you know Zuma to lie about his best friend?" Everest pointed out.

"Well, that's true. Um, right... sorry." He reconciled. "If it helps, the shot only lasts for a few minutes."

"Then let's just wait here 'till he wakes up." Marshall suggested.

The other pups agreed and they waited for Rocky to come to.
____________________________________
To be continued...