What Dreams May Come

Start from the beginning

"Hello?"

"Ms. McIenery, this is Maddie Wilson, Pastor Doug informed me to contact you about a misplaced letter you have for me."

Shane rubbed her head, just checking any bruising from her fall. Shane stood up and sat on her bed, she told Maddie,

"Oh Maddie, I am glad you to have decided to return my call, about your letter, I am sorry the envelope was badly damaged from rain that we had to open and read the contents to find the sender or sendee. "

"Wait, you and Oliver read my letter?" Maddie asked.

"Yes and I am sorry, but I ensure you, that the contents have not been divulged to anyone." Shane admitted.

"Not even, Pastor Doug, he does he know what is in letter?"

"I swear, Maddie. Pastor Doug does not know what is in the letter, but I think when I deliver it to you that you should be the one to give him the letter."

Maddie immediately without hesitation said, "No."

"No, may I ask why?"

"Ms.McIenery.."

Shane instructed her, "Please call me, Shane."

"Well, Shane, as I am grateful my letter is in safe hands. The letter was intended for one purpose to be sent, delivered, and read by Pastor Doug. And that did not happen. That makes me believe that God decided it is not right time to tell him, because if he wanted me and Doug together, he would have gotten the letter. "

Shane added, "Maddie, Oliver says the letters that come to our office, he believes each letter he picks has a purpose and meaning, your letter has purpose to give to the man you love and the meaning is that love is patient, kind, it never fails. And like the wise Robin Williams said, It's not about understanding... it's about *not* giving up. "

Maddie was amazing and overwhelmed by Shane's wisdom and words. Despite almost being in near tears, she giggled as she was reminded about what Oliver told her about Shane.

Shane heard the giggle as her curiosity peaked and asked, "May I ask what is so funny?"

"Forgive me, Shane, but was just reminded of what Oliver told me about you."

Shane was stunned, but now 10 times curious of what Oliver would be saying about her to others in his church.

"Really, Maddie, what has Oliver said about me?

"First off, he never once spoke ill of you, Shane so be relieved, but what struck me he told me about you was I think I am quoting this right, he said that you were, a woman full of persistence that you have a magnificent talent in shedding the light to people."

Shane was so happy she was on the phone. She was grateful that Maddie, nor anyone else see that she was blushing red as an apple. Shane didn't want to boast, so she ask Maddie,

" So, will you please let me help you show that meaning and purpose of your letter."

Maddie sighed, "Under one condition. That you bring Oliver with you, after all he his the only one who can understand what I am going through with Pastor Doug."

Shane's eyes widen how was she going get to come with her even though Oliver told not be involve in the case. Despite the difficulty, Shane had an idea to get Oliver to come.

"Alright 1 pm at mailbox grille."

"Actually, can we met at the church instead?"

"That is fine," Shane agreed.