24•

"Hey" Taeyong sounds tired as he speaks into the phone.

"How was the flight?" Is the first thing which Yuta asks his friend.

"It was long, I couldn't sleep so I'm exhausted" Taeyong doesn't bother sugar coating the experience. Yuta would be able to tell if he lied.

With a deep sigh, the Japanese boy adjusts his grip on the phone. "I'm glad you arrived safely."

"I miss you so much. It hasn't even been 24 hours and I really miss you" The older mutters.

"I miss you more, Tae. I really do."

Sicheng walks out of the bathroom, his hair wet from his shower. He sees his boyfriend on the phone and instantly takes a seat beside him on the bed.

He grabs Yuta's free hand, squeezing it assuringly.

"I know this has been a quick call but Jaehyun and I need to find the house. I'll text you later okay?" Taeyong states.

"Of course, bye" Yuta waits for the older to say goodbye as well before hanging up the phone.

Sicheng grabs the Japanese boy's chin and tilts it so their gazes meet.

"He's safe" The Chinese boy smiles delicately.

Yuta nods as he used his free hand to caress the younger's cheek.

"No matter what happens, you must remember that I love you more then anything."

Sicheng frowns at this, concern filling his expression.
"You're scaring me."

Yuta just smiles sadly as he gets off the bed. Sicheng gets up and walks into his path, stopping him from leaving the room.

"Where are you going?"

"To see Taeil. I haven't seen him since Doyoung died. He messaged me the other day to come and get my brother's things if I wanted to." Yuta explains softly.

"I'll come" Sicheng grabs Yuta's hand but the older pulls away. "No, I should do it by myself."

"I'm worried about you, Yuta. I don't want to let you out of my 'sight for a few days" Sicheng mutters.

Yuta shrugs off the concern, he pecks the younger's lips before stepping around him, leaving the room.

He manages to get his shoes on as Sicheng runs towards him again.

"I'm coming Yuta" The Chinese boy states firmly as he begins to put his own shoes on.

"I'll be back within an hour, I'm going alone."

The older slips out the door, closing it before Sicheng has a chance to follow.

Taeil looks as though he has seen better days. His hair is greasy and it seems as though he hasn't washed it for a very long time.

He doesn't wear his usual smile as he gestured for Yuta to come inside. Has Doyoung's done this to him?

"You look like shit" Yuta remarks.

"You don't look too good yourself" Taeil responds as he leads the younger to where his brother was staying.

Yuta feels overwhelmed with emotions as he sees the room. Doyoung's school shirt is on the floor beside his bed, right where he would've left it after getting changed after school.

The bed is unmade, closet open a jar.

The Japanese boy walks over to the closet and opens it to reveal all of his younger brother's clothes.