14•

Mrs Kim places a hand over her mouth as she stares at the broken bannister in pure fear.

"That wasn't meant to happen" Mr Kim speaks, his tone filled with regret. Yuta has tears streaming down his cheeks as he runs downstairs to where his brother lays, motionless.

There is a small pool of blood forming around his head as he lays on the ground. The Japanese boy feels for a pulse, shoulders sagging with slight relief as he feels the faintest beat of his heart.

"Call an ambulance!" Yuta screams out, hoping his adoptive father will care enough about his son to get help for him.

Surprisingly, the adult can be heard on the phone with the emergency services.

Yuta pulls Doyoung into his lap and cries as he sees the state he is in.

"Just hold on for a bit longer. Help us on its way. You're going to be okay" He mutters.

He flinches as he feels someone placing their hand on his shoulder, but he immediately relaxes when he turns to see Sicheng crouched beside him.

"You're awake."

"He'll be okay" Sicheng assures the older.

Yuta swallows, turning to face his brother yet again.

"He did this for me, this is my fault. If I didn't freeze I could've stopped this. If I wasn't so weak, this wouldn't have happened."

"Don't start with the whole blaming yourself nonsense or I will kill you" Sicheng mutters as he wraps his arm around the older's shoulders.

The ambulance arrived within 10 minutes. By this stage, Doyoung's pulse can hardly be felt.

The paramedics work quickly to get him on the stretcher before placing an oxygen mask on him, to assist his breathing.

Yuta and Sicheng boy get into the back of the ambulance with the younger.

Yuta holds his brother's hand, refusing to let go. He won't let go until he is forced away from the younger.

"We need to get there faster, this patient won't hold on for much longer" The Japanese overhears the paramedic mumbling to the driver.

This worries him, he doesn't know what he would do if Doyoung died.

Sicheng leans into his side and rubs his arm gently, reminding him that he is there.

Once at the hospital, Yuta gets as far as he entrance to the operating theatre before doctors tell him to wait outside.

Sicheng guides him to the waiting area and they both sit down. The Chinese boy holds Yuta in his embrace as the older cries gently.

Mrs Kim is wheeled in on a seperate stretcher a mere 5 minutes after they arrive at the hospital. She is in tears, crying or for her son as they wheel her away.

Mr Kim walks into the waiting room, his head low.

He notices Yuta and Sicheng, gaze softening slightly as he walks over to them both.

"Yuta, I'm sorry. That wasn't supposed to happen" He apologises, which causes Yuta to stare at him in pure shock.

"What did you expect to happen when you threw your son at the banister? What did you fucking expect to happen?" He snaps at his adoptive father.

For the first time since he moved to Korea, he sees a look of genuine regret and hurt on Mr Kim's face.

"I love Doyoung, I am a stupid drunk who screws up all the time but trust me when I say that I love my son. If he dies, I'll hand myself to the police. I'll let them lock me away. You know what, tomorrow I'll hand myself in. I've gone to far and Doyoung may lose his life because of me. I never intended for this to happen."