22•

Taeyong had been crying for the past hour. Yuta wasn't sure how to comfort his friend. The older dog had just passed away.

It was old and had fallen ill. Taeyong's parents made the decision to end its suffering by putting it to sleep.

Taeyong was so upset. He loved that dog more then anything. He had been raised with it.

Yuta continues to throw pebbles at the water as he sits beside his friend.
The silence is thick but it isn't awkward. Taeyong is content knowing Yuta is beside him.

"You can always get a new dog" The Japanese boy remarks softly.

"Yeah, but it won't be the same. It'll be another dog with a different name and personality" Taeyong states sadly.

"You could give it the same name" Yuta suggests.

"I've lost him and he isn't coming back." Taeyong shakes his head slowly.

Yuta suddenly gets an idea of how to cheer up the older. He stands from his seated position forces Taeyong onto his feet.

"We could go to the comic store, you can get a comic" he speaks with a smile on his features.

"Not today Yuta, I don't feel like getting anything" Taeyong denies him.

"We can carve something into a tree, or even into the playground equipment." The Japanese points towards the the playground which is behind them.

"You watch too many movies. I'd be more then happy to just sit and cry" the older dismisses all his attempts and goes to sit but is stopped once more.

"You want to cry? Then I'll cry to."

"What do you mean?"

Yuta turns so his back is to Taeyong, his shoulders raise slowly before falling down once more.

The younger turns to face the other, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Yah, stop that" Taeyong exclaims as he pushes his friend backward.

Yuta stops crying instantly as he thinks of something else, if this doesn't work then he's going to give up.

"I remember you telling me how your sister took you to get ice cream when it was raining. You said it was really cold but you loved it."

Taeyong nods, not sure what Yuta will say as the weather is currently sunshine with not a single cloud in the sky.

"I'm going to make it rain, then we will get frozen yoghurt. I'd get ice cream but they only have a frozen yoghurt truck here" The Japanese boy points at the truck which is towards the entrance of the park.

"How can you make it rain? That's impossible" Taeyong's mind is filled with doubt as he folds his arms across his chest.

Yuta smirks as he runs past Taeyong, disappearing behind the slide on the playground which is several feet behind them.

He returns with a bucket. The older just watches in confusion as the Japanese boy runs to the small body of water, filling the bucket.

"They've predicted a very sudden and sharp shower at this park" Yuta announces in his best reporter accent.

Taeyong has no time to say anything as the bucket of water is tipped over his head. He stands there, jaw on the ground as he glares at his friend.

"I'll go get some yoghurt" is all Yuta says before he runs off again.

"Nakamoto Yuta!" Taeyong yells, chasing after the boy.

Taeyong instantly remembers this as Yuta parks the car in the parking lot outside the same park.

He will never forget what Yuta did for him on that day, 5 years ago. Somehow the younger managed to cheer him up.

He made Taeyong smile even when he really didn't want to.

The park has changed a lot since they last came a few years prior. The playground is gone, the body of water has been expanded and is now a small lake where people go kayaking.

The pair get out of the car and walk onto the shore.

"This was the first place I thought of" Yuta states softly. He sighs, taking a seat on the ground.

"We caught the bus here after school and I spent a long time crying before you poured that bucket on me and bought me frozen yoghurt" Taeyong recalls as he takes a seat beside his friend.

Yuta smiles at the memory, he thought he wouldn't be able to stop his friend from crying back then. Yet he did.

"Where did you get that bucket from? I never asked" Taeyong asks suddenly.

"A magician never reveals his secrets" Yuta refuses to reveal how he borrowed the equipment off some kid who was digging a hole behind the slide which no longer remains.

The pair just sit there in silence and gaze over the water together.

As the time passes, Taeyong feels his eyes beginning to water. Yuta feels his chest tightening as he does his best to stop himself from crying.

"The surgery will be a success. I won't nearly die every time I get stressed" The older states.

"I know, it's going to be good for you. I hear America is a good place to live, and you'll be with the man you love which will make it even better" Yuta points out all the positives on the situation.

"I'll only be with one of the men who I love" Taeyong furrows his brows together as he tries to make sense of what he just said.

"I understand what you mean" Yuta chuckles quietly.

"We will call often, and I'll visit as much as I possibly can" Taeyong announces.

"I know, you don't have to keep telling me over and over again" The Japanese boy says.

"The water is so calm" The older says, changing the topic.

"Unlike us."

Yuta turns to face his friend. He frowns as he sees tears slowing beginning to make their presence known by falling from Taeyong's eyes.

"Lee Taeyong" He calms the older's full name. "I remember you telling me how your sister took you for ice cream in the rain. It was cold but you loved it."

Taeyong scoffs at this.

"I'm going to make it rain and I will buy you an ice cream on the way home."

Yuta gets up and pulls the older to his feet as well. Taeyong goes to ask how he will make it rain but the question is answered very quickly.

"They have forecasted that a man will fall into the lake" Yuta smiles evilly.

"No" Taeyong's expression turns into a threatening glare.

Yuta ignores it, pushing his friend backwards, hard enough that he falls into the water.

Taeyong immediately gets up and tackles Yuta into the water with him. Being in the shallow part makes it easy for the two to just continue to push each other under.

After 20 minutes, they become tired and find themselves seated on the shore once more.

"I'm going to miss this" Taeyong says, his voice barely a whisper.

"Me too" Yuta frowns.

A/N - my throat is so sore pls send help

thanks for reading!!