23•

Yuta woke up with a headache. Today Taeyong and Jaehyun are leaving to America.

He doesn't know how he is going to say goodbye to his closest friend. He takes comfort knowing Jaehyun is going with him.

Taeyong's family are staying in Korea. They can't leave their life behind. However, his mother has promised she will fly over after his operation to make sure he's healing nicely.

Sicheng has his arms wrapped around Yuta's waist as he remains asleep.

They have an hour before they have to leave to pick up Taeyong and Jaehyun to take them to the airport.

Yuta isn't looking forward to this at all. He is so sick of having to say goodbye.

The alarm suddenly blasts, it was meant to wake them up yet the Japanese boy had already woken up before it.

He turns it off as Sicheng begins to stir. The younger tightens his grip on Yuta as he slowly opens his eyes.

"Morning" He mumbles.

"I have a headache" Yuta responds with. He stares at the roof as he wraps his arm around Sicheng.

"Go and get some water then" The Chinese says simply.

"That isn't going to help, it isn't that kind of headache" Yuta dismisses softly.

Sicheng immediately picks up on what he is saying. He moves so he is propped up on his elbows.

"I'm going to be by your side for the whole day. If you need someone to lean on, I will be there" He assures.

"I'm so tired of saying goodbye." The older frowns.

Sicheng leans up to kiss the older's cheek. He pulls away and smiles sadly.

"You'll never have to say goodbye to me. I can promise you that."

Yuta takes a deep breath before kicking off the blankets. They really should start to get ready.

They can't go send off Taeyong and Jaehyun in their pyjamas. It wouldn't be right.

Sicheng understands, he rolls away from the older as Yuta moves into a seated position on the side of the bed.

Yuta stays like this for a moment, rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands.

Sicheng moves to wrap his arms around Yuta's shoulders loosely, placing the top of his head against the older's back.

Yuta just covers the younger's joined hands with his own.

They remain like this in silence for a few brief moments. Yuta gently kisses the Chinese boy's hands before standing, forcing him to let go.

The Japanese boy gets up and makes his way to the bathroom to wash his face.

It doesn't take them long to get ready. Deciding to skip breakfast, Yuta is ready with at least 20 minutes to spare.

Sicheng isn't happy that the older isn't eating. He continues to try and convince him to at least have a bite of his toast.

Yuta dismisses the offer. He feels as though anything he eats will be quick to be thrown up.

Once the Chinese boy has finished his food, the pair get into the car and make their way to pick up Taeyong first.

The older looks as though he hasn't slept at all. The circles beneath his eyes are huge.

Yuta embraces him briefly before getting back into the car. Sicheng moves to sit in the back as he gives the front seat to Taeyong.

Taeyong's family are in tears as they wave goodbye from the front door.

Jaehyun is waiting outside when they pull into his driveway. He gets straight into the car after throwing his two bags into the boot.

"You realise you're moving there and it isn't a holiday right?" Sicheng remarks as he noticed how little luggage he has with him.

"I don't have that much to bring over. I'm planning to start over with most of my clothes and belongings" Jaehyun explains.

The two proceed to have their own conversation in the back which leaves Yuta and Taeyong talking to each other in the front.

"I want constant updates about you and Sicheng. You haven't been together for very long and I want to hear about every little bit of progress between the two of you" Taeyong speaks with a soft smile on his features.

"The kind of progress that you're expecting won't be happening for awhile. I don't want to rush into anything" Yuta chuckles beneath his breath.

"Your time will come" The older remarks, turning to look at Yuta whose gaze is focused on the road before them.

"Are you telling me that you've past your time and haven't told me?!" Yuta exclaims in shock.

Taeyong is quick to shake his head, "Of course not. With my heart being so weak, I'd probably nearly die if we tried. But we have planned it for a little bit after my surgery."

"You've planned it? OCD much" The Japanese boy mocks.

"Shut up" Taeyong hits Yuta's shoulder before leaning as far into the car door as he can so he doesn't get hit back.

They soon arrive at the airport which makes Yuta grow tense. He finds a parking spot and they make their way to check in the luggage.

Sicheng holds Yuta's hand tightly as they follow Taeyong and Jaehyun as they do all they need to before getting to the room when they will wait for their flight to land.

Taeyong sits beside Yuta on the chairs, he rests his head on his friends shoulders.

"Can you check in on my family every now and then? Just make sure their okay for me?" The older asks, his voice light.

"I was already planning to do so" Yuta agrees.

"We just abandoned you guys and Kun on that school project" Jaehyun suddenly brings up.

"I'm sure the teacher will give us some kind of extension or something for it" Sicheng states.

"You know what I'm most afraid of?" Taeyong speaks in a voice which is only loud enough for Yuta to hear. "The coffee in America. I'm afraid that it won't be as good. I'm going to have to find a new cafe."

Yuta laughs at the concern. "If that's your biggest concern then I think you're going to do amazingly well."

And announcement is suddenly made for all those on the flight to begin boarding as the plane will be leaving in 30 minutes.

This cues the group to all stand up. Yuta feels tears threatening to spill but he refuses to let them fall before Taeyong goes. He doesn't want his friend to see him cry again.

Taeyong however, has tears streaming down his cheeks as he wraps his arms around Yuta tightly. The pair hold onto each other like this for several moments before Taeyong pulls away.

"Be sure you stay healthy. Eat all your meals, rest and stay hydrated" The older sounds like a mother.

"I will if you do" Yuta responds softly.

He briefly embraces Jaehyun before grabbing onto Sicheng's hand, needing the support.

"Call me when you land" Yuta instructs the pair as they make their way to get their tickets scanned.

They both turn to face Yuta and Sicheng once more, Taeyong waves once before bringing a hand to cup his mouth, his sobs becoming unbearable.

Jaehyun takes his hand and walks him into the passage, they disappear from sight.

Yuta can't fight his tears anymore as he turns into Sicheng's warm and comforting embrace.

A/N - i'm gonna do a double update and will be updating again tonight, whoop!

also i have published the first chapter for my jaeyong story which i will be working on once this one is finished. be sure to check that out if you haven't already

thanks for reading!!