10•

Yuta did his best to stay calm as he drove down the empty streets. It was late, most people were in their homes, preparing for bed.

Yet here is Yuta, driving around with his brother, with absolutely no idea as to where they will go.

"Do you want me to call Taeyong?" Doyoung asks quietly, as though he were afraid he'd upset the older.

"The world is a big place. You will get lost at times. But as long as you approach each obstacle with a kind heart, you will be received with open arms" The Japanese boy quotes from his mother.

He specifically remembers being told this a week before the accident. It's this phrase that he clings onto in times of need.

Doyoung just turns to gaze out the window once more. He trusts his brother, no matter what he has to do, Yuta will figure something out.

He always does.

After 20 minutes of silence, Yuta turns the car into a driveway. Doyoung doesn't recognise the house.

The light on the front porch suddenly flickers on, front door swinging open.

Yuta smiles softly at the younger before getting out of the car. He heads over to the open door and shakes someone's hand before the person pulls him into their embrace.

Doyoung gets out of the car and walks over to the pair to see who it is.

"Doyoung, how are you?" Jaehyun greets the dark haired boy.

"I'll go get our bags" Yuta excuses himself, walking back to the car. He grabs the two bags from the back seat and follows the others into the house.

Jaehyun leads the pair upstairs to the spare room.

"Sorry, there's only one bed" he apologises as he turns on the light.

Yuta gently lifts he bags into the bed before turning to face Jaehyun once more.

"Thank you so much. We will be out of your hair tomorrow. We just need one night" The Japanese speaks with a tone of gratitude.

"Stay as long as you'd like. I won't kick you guys out. You're important to Taeyong so you're important to me" Jaehyun smiles at them.

"I'll leave you guys to settle in" He leaves, closing the door behind him.

Yuta unzips Doyoung's bag and pulls out his pyjamas.
"Get into these and then get some rest."

The younger takes the clothes but he doesn't get changed, instead grabbing his brother's arm, getting his attention.

"Why are we with Jaehyun?"

"Taeyong lives with his parents as well as his sister. There isn't enough room for us. Besides, Jaehyun is a good guy. This seemed like a good idea for tonight. I'll call Taeil's family tomorrow, see f you can stay there for awhile." He explains.

"What about you?" Doyoung's tone starts to fill with worry as he realises he may be leaving his brother for awhile.

"Let's not worry about me. Get changed and get to bed" The older ignores the question as he moves the bags to the floor.

Doyoung decides he will bug his brother about this more the following day. He quickly gets changed before crawling beneath the blankets.

Yuta soon follows and doesn't oblige as he wraps his arms around his younger brother.

"You're trembling" Doyoung mutters.

Yuta swallows back on his tears as he tries to calm himself.
"It's nothing. Go to sleep."