11•

Doyoung didn't have the usual small smile on his face as he sat in silence. The only sound in the car was the radio and the muffled sound of the tires in the road.

He knew that if he spoke, he would tear up.

This is the first time that Yuta and Doyoung have stayed apart from each other.

Ever since Yuta moved in with them, they have always been together, under the same roof.

And now, the older is driving his brother to Taeil's house, where he will stay for as long as necessary.

"I'm staying with Sicheng, so don't worry about me" Yuta assures his brother as though that would be his biggest concern.

"Can I call?" Doyoung's voice is soft.

"Of course, whenever you want or need to. Just because we aren't under the same roof doesn't mean that I won't still be here for you. If you get into any trouble or anything, call me and I will come and get you." The older states.

Doyoung turns to focus his gaze out the window as an attempt to distract himself.

He swallows the lump in his throat as the car comes to a stop, engine turning off.

"We're here" Yuta exclaims, voice breaking at the end. "You're going to be okay."

"I don't want to leave you" Doyoung begins to cry as he leans over the console, into his brother's arms.

"I know, I don't want to leave either" Yuta's voice wavers as he himself holds back on tears.

The front door to the house swings open, revealing Taeil who looks at the car in confusion.

Yuta gently pulls himself away from his brother and gets out of the car, grabbing the bag from the backseat.

Doyoung takes a deep breath before following his brother's footsteps.

"Hey" Taeil greets the pair as he walks over to help.

Yuta gives him the bag filled with some of Doyoung's belongings before turning to face the younger.

"I love you" Doyoung cries as he holds onto his brother once more.

"We'll see each other at school tomorrow, life's too short for sorrow" Yuta explains as he himself holds back on tears.

After a few minutes, he musters all his strength to pull away, walking back to the car.

Taeil gently wraps his arm around Doyoung's shoulders as Yuta drives away.

Pulling into Sicheng's driveway feels strange.

Yuta wipes his eyes as he examines the double storey place before him.

There's a car in the garage so he just parks in the driveway. Getting out of the car, he grabs his bag and makes his way to the front door.

He knocks twice and waits for a response. He can hear someone rushing to the door.

"Yuta, hi" Sicheng greets happily as he opens the door.

The Chinese takes the bag from the older's hands without a complaint and gestures for him to come inside.

The Japanese smiles tightly as he steps inside, kicking off his shoes, he replaces them with a pair of slippers which are empty.

"My Aunt is out for the night, it's just you and me" Sicheng informs his new guest as he takes him to the spare bedroom.

After a few more steps, Sicheng opens a door, revealing the bedroom where Yuta will be staying.

It's a decent sized room. There is a double bed with a wardrobe opposite it. A bed side table on either side of the bed with a lamp on each one.