20•

Jaehyun immediately followed his boyfriend into the back of the ambulance. Yuta hesitated, he didn't deserve to be in there.

The paramedic went to close the doors but Jaehyun called out.

"Yuta, get in."

The Japanese boy knew the paramedics needed to leave so he didn't argue, looking at Sicheng once more before getting into the back of the ambulance.

He sits beside Jaehyun who holds Taeyong's hand as the paramedic places an oxygen mask on him, squeezing the bottle attached to help him breathe.

"I don't care what happened between you two earlier, you've been close with him for longer then me. I wasn't going to let you make the trip to the hospital with the others."

Guilt tears away at Yuta as he looks at his friend who remains unconscious.

He doesn't know what to say so he just mutters, "Thank you."

Jaehyun smiles sadly and nods as he looks at his boyfriend once more.

"How long has he had this heart condition?" The paramedic asks them.

Yuta feels so terrible, he doesn't know the answer. He doesn't know how long his best friend has been sick for.

He has been so tied up with his own life, just as Taeyong had said.

Taeyong was right.

Yuta is a terrible person.

"He was only diagnosed three weeks ago but he has had a weak heart since around the age of 9. That's what the doctors estimated after talking to Taeyong" Jaehyun explains.

The paramedic nods as she continues to try and figure out how to deal with the patient.

"Don't worry, sir. He will be fine" She assures Yuta who's expression is filled with guilt.

Jaehyun uses his free arm to wrap it around Yuta's shoulders.

"Do I deserve to be his friend?" Yuta questions him softly. "I didn't even know how long he was sick for and as you said, I've known him for so long."

"Taeyong loves you, Yuta. Why do you think he gets so worked up when he talks to you? It because he cares about you so much. He doesn't want to lose you" Jaehyun does his nest at assuring the other but he knows it doesn't do anything to ease his guilt tripped mind.

"Hey, do you know your name?" The paramedic suddenly asks Taeyong.

Yuta and Jaehyun both look to see the older has regained consciousness.

"Lee Taeyong" His voice is weak and slightly muffled as he speaks through the oxygen mask.

"Hey" Jaehyun leans forward in his seat as he carresses his boyfriend's cheek.

He proceeds to whisper something to the older which Yuta doesn't hear.

Suddenly, Taeyong releases Jaehyun's hand and reaches for Yuta's. The Japanese boy doesn't hesitate in taking it.

"This isn't your fault" The older states softly.

"You don't have to lie to make me feel better" Yuta denies him.

"I'm glad you're here, I really am. It reminds me of that time I came in the ambulance when you broke your arm in a soccer match." Taeyong smiles faintly at the memory.

"You read your spiderman comic to me the whole way to keep me distracted. When you finished it, you would just start again. It kept me from crying" Yuta can't help but mirror his friend's expression as he recalls the memory.