Chapter 32

A month later

"Lys, I didn't know you had it in you," Aelin said admiring herself in the mirror.

Indeed, the shape-shifter had fashioned Aelin's hair in a stunning way. A braid with small flowers woven into it and curls to frame her face.

"I know, I can't wait until I get married," Lysandra said. She had not forgotten the day on the beach more than a year ago when Aedion confessed that someday Lysandra would be an Ashryver. "Philipa will help you into your dress, don't ruin your hair!"

"Thank you," Aelin said, and meant. "For everything."

Lysandra just smiled at her and left the room, as Philipa entered, a sophisticated white gown in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Rowan ran his hands through his hair, admiring himself in the mirror.

"Don't stare too long, you'll catch an ego," Aedion said from the chair.

Rowan rolled his eyes at him.

Aedion and Dorian insisted on helping him get ready, for the King of Terrasen had no clue what to do, according to them.

Dorian chuckled.

"Do you remember your vows?" Aedion asked.

"I didn't write them, I plan on speaking from my heart."

"Oh, that never goes well," Dorian said.

"Not everyone is like you Dorian," Rowan shot back.

For the King of Adarlan had gotten so nervous he blanked out on his vows to Manon.

"Ow, man that one hurt," Dorian said placing a hand  over his heart.

"Guys, calm down. I don't need you spewing ice everywhere on my cousin's wedding," Aedion said sarcastically.

Rowan and Dorian laughed. "We should go down to the altar, Aelin will be walking out in ten minutes."

Rowan was so eager to see Aelin in the dress he had made.