Chapter 22

Rowan was standing on the side of the platform with Aelin's throne on it, the one she would sit in after she got her crown in an hour or so.

He tucked his hands behind him so no one could see the nervousness that showed through his trembling hands.

Across him Aelin was laughing with Dorian and Chaol, something he didn't find her doing much since her rescue.

He was hoping a wedding would change that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aelin and Rowan decided to walk, hand in hand, to the raised part of the stage with her staghorn throne in the middle.

"You okay?" Rowan whispered, they were standing behind a curtain partition.

"Nervous," but not what he thought it was for.

Does he want to be king? Can I really impose this on him? But one look up at his green eyes washed away all her worry.

A cello started playing a soft melody, "That's our cue my love," Rowan kissed her cheek as she squeezed his hand. And they walked out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At first the crowd was silent. Taking in the assassin queen, and the fae warrior who were now responsible for their lives.

"Long live the queen!" Someone yelled.

Queen, not princess. Even though her crown wasn't on top of her head, she had earned it a long time ago.

Her eyes started tearing up.

The Queen who was promised.

Both of the priests were waiting beside the throne.

Aelin smirked as she realized Rowan too was looking at both the priests.

"My equal through it all," Aelin said over the loud crowd.

Oh gods, this woman just made me a king.

For a second he let the shock make him stop walking.

Rowan just grinned, "You didn't have too, I am more than okay with my-"

"King Rowan Whitethorn Galathynius sounds so good doesn't it?" She said as they arrived at the middle stage.

He took in the Ashryver eyes, and kissed her in front of her, their land.

Somewhere in the crowd, "Long live the king!" was heard.

Because behind them, Aedion, Fenrys, Lorcan, and Gavriel bought in a second identical throne that Aelin had blessed by priests many days before.

"Lords that was heavy," Aedion said after setting it down.

"Congrats Whitethorn," Gavriel shook his hand. Lorcan nodded and Fenrys winked. Then they sat down on seats chosen specifically for the Court of Terrasen.

Rowan was still processing it however.

He would've been content being a servant in the castle, but king? Aelin just gifted him a whole rutting kingdom.

He looked at her once more, "I love you, to whatever end."

I love you too buzzard. She conveyed down the bond.

They walked up in front of their chairs and kneeled.

And the ceremony began.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Madam, is Your Majesty willing to take the oath?" The priest asked.

"I am."

"Sir, is Your Majesty willing to take the oath?" The other priest asked.

"I am," Rowan answered.

"Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern this land?"

"I solemnly promise," Aelin answered.

"Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern this land?"

"I solemnly promise."

"Then I pronounce you King and Queen of Terrasen, bring the crowns."

At this Rowan and Aelin stood up and stared at each other as the two crowns were bought on velvet pillows.

The crowd went more silent than before, as the two priests raised the crowns to their heads.

And set it on them.

The crowd started cheering as Aelin and Rowan turned.

Turned to sit down on their rightful throne.

A throne they fought for and bled for.

Author's Note - Sorry about the reupload nothing changed just some spelling mistakes.