Wounded - the Conclusion

Tonight

Jonghyun never felt like himself, since he appeared in his bedroom thirty days after his disappearance, with no recollection whatsoever of the past thirty days. He racked his brain for any bit of information, which could potentially trigger his memories, but with no luck. With every passing day, he felt more aloof and lonely. He wanted to be happy with his mother and sister. But, despite their dire attempts to cheer him up, Jonghyun spent most of the days cooped up in his room staring at the bare ceiling.

Two months had passed since he came back home, but the whisperings and not-so-discreet glances of the passers-by never stopped. The fact that Jonghyun had lost his memory is no secret in the village. They looked at him with pity in their eyes. This is partly the reason why Jonghyun avoided the daylight. Once in a while, he'd venture into the night. He felt the forest calling out to him. Something told him that the forest held all the answers to his questions. But, his mother and sister had strictly warned him not to go in there and Jonghyun did not want to cause them any more pain.

It was when he could no longer contain his curiosity and frustration that he decided to defy his mother and go into the forest. He slipped out of his bed quietly and walked into the dark, with nothing but the moonlight to light his path. Within a few minutes he reached the edge of the forest. He took a deep breath and stepped into the wilderness. He wandered around for a little while keeping to the north. He did not plan on getting lost this time. He had only walked a few steps, when he heard the sound of a twig breaking behind him. Jonghyun stopped in his tracks and waited for some movement- an animal to pounce on him. But, nothing of the sort happened. That was enough to drain the sudden burst of adrenaline from his body. He felt his bravado wearing away. Without wasting another moment, he turned on his heels and began to run back to his home, but he was startled when he hit on a tree, face first. He cursed and tried to sidestep, when he realized that the tree was unusually smooth and soft. He looked up to see that he had collided with not a tree but a human being, a rather handsome human being. At that precise moment, the moon reappeared from behind the clouds casting a warm silver glow across the man's face. In that light Jonghyun saw his face clearly. He saw the round brown eyes staring into his soul. Jonghyun felt himself getting attracted to those eyes like iron to magnet. He stared into those dark brown orbs as deep as a chasm and then it all came back to him. He stared into those warm eyes, no longer read or seething with anger. It was those gentle eyes, which looked at him with adoration. Jonghyun's eyes welled up, at this sudden wake.

He muttered a single word, "Minho..."

The corners of Minho's lips tugged into a smile, forming crinkles at the corner of his eyes. All doubt vanished from his mind and relief spanned across his face.

"You remember..." he whispered and pulled Jonghyun closer to himself and underneath the stars they stood basking in the glory of the silver moonlight, savouring the delight of the love they shared.

Up in the sky a hippogriff flew into the south with a cabbit on its back. They took care of their master (although the master might disagree) for thirteen years. It was finally the time for them to leave him and the time for the master, Minho, to start his life with someone whom he love so much and who loved him back with equal intensity. It's time for them to write their story - the story of the lone rover and the lost boy.

A big shout out to my close shawol friend, critic, noona and my go-to mood booster CuriousWarrior who finally decided to join wattpad. She is seriously a wonderful author and is currently working on a SHINee novel. Believe me when I say that it is one of THE BEST SHINee fanfictions ever written (plus its PG-13). So all my shawol dongaengs can go and read it without hesitation. Read her story, vote for it, show her some love.

...and please do show me some love too. I appreciate it. I really do.

And don't hesitate to share your opinion on wounded. I would love to hear what you thought of this story - constructive criticisms are always welcome.

That's it for today's rant.

Lots of love and Jelly tots.

troubled_tribute