Wounded - Part 1

(Before I start, I wanna give you all a heads up.
The most indecisive person on planet Earth, that's me, decided to post the story in parts. It is so long. And I am going through a terrible writer's block. Yeah, every writer's nightmare. It's really weird calling myself that. So please bear with me. I promise, I won't ditch this halfway through. I have an idea about how this story is going to be. I just have a few plotholes to sort out.)

The forest was quiet. Not a movement to be seen anywhere. The animals and birds were still curled up in their burrows and nests. The sun slowly coming out of the eastern horizon, painted patterns on the rugged ground as it seeped through the thick canopy.

Then breaking the quiet of the woods, a boy's voice boomed in the distance. It was muffled at first, but then became clearer. He was calling out to someone between fits of laughter. Not long after, a shuffling was seen in the bushes and out came a white animal - a cabbit.

It had the body of a bunny and the face of a cat. It ran merrily through the forest, giving a hard time for whoever was chasing it.

"Heishu. Stop," the boy's voice was heard again and following which, his body emerged from the small clearing in the thicket made by the cabbit. He was sat majestically on a black stallion. No. An animal with the hind body of a horse and the front, of an eagle. The boy was sitting on a hipporiff.

That was a sight to behold. He, with his windswept long hair and strong body, looked like the mighty
king of the forest. The hippogriff struggled to keep up with the cabbit. It's body was clearly not meant for taking strolls through the forest. The cabbit though, had no trouble in dodging the low hung branches and high roots as it ran deeper in to the woods.

The boy lost his patience and jumped down from his commute. He gave the animal a quick pat, "Guowang, stay here. I'll go get that rascal." The beast gave a tight nod in response.

The boy then took off in the direction his notorious pet ran. It had left a good distance between the boy and itself. He looked around to see a trace of his pet and found a trail of footprints. He began following it. He had traversed a few feet when he heard the screech of his pet.

"HEISHU!" he screamed and ran towards the source of the noise. It took him to a thicker part of the forest, one he rarely ventured to. The cabbit stood there with his front legs stretched to the front, his pupils
narrowed to slits. The animal was ready for an attack.

The boy turned his head to see what the animal was looking at. He was taken aback by what he saw before his eyes. A human being was lying face down on the forest floor. His clothes were torn in many places. Blood seeped to the ground from a deep gash in his left forearm.

The cabbit was ready to pounce on this man at any moment. The boy gave it a stern look and let out
a growl. The animal cowered in his master's gaze. It's stature relaxed and the pupils turned back to normal.

The boy then stepped towards the body cautiously. With a piece of wood lying on the floor, he turned the person to face up. He found himself looking at the most beautiful human being he had ever seen in his life. There was a large bruise on his right eye and a very dangerous wound, one which so much resembled the scratch mark of a wolf, on the right part of his chest. The boy sat down carefully
beside the human and looked at his stomach intently. It rose and fell ever so lightly in a ragged pace. 'He is alive,' the boy thought. Then he lifted his right hand and placed it on the human's chest. He felt the faint beating of the heart.

At that precise moment, dark clouds rolled over into the early morning sky and shrouded the world in darkness. Loud thunders rolled in the distance and rain began pouring down like a torrent. The boy wasted no time. He picked up the boy sprawled out on the ground with ease and ran back the
way he came.