thirty one

Harry.

“Harry,” I hear Leslie whisper in my ear. She wasn’t here last night and I smile at her voice. Neither of us have seen each other since our accident a few days ago, her father wanting to take care of her. Thank God I gave her a key to my apartment.

“Happy Birthday Curls,” she smiles, crawling on top of me when I open my eyes. It looks like she rolled out of bed and came over here, her pajamas still adorning her beautiful body. She’s careful not to touch my left shoulder and I wrap the blanket around her, her lips kissing the side of my nose.

“I have a present for you,” she smiles, reaching for something on the ground.

I love her excitement over a day I’ve never celebrated. She’s so cute and I love every minute of this day so far.

“Okay, I had absolutely no idea what to get you so you’ve been warned,” she grins, handing me a rectangular shaped box.

My fingers unwrap the present she got me and she sits on my stomach, watching in excitement as I open the colorful paper. After the paper is retracted, my eyes gleam at the small wooden frame that contains a picture. It’s of us, neither of us looking at the camera. It’s from when I was training her, my forehead pressed on hers as I look at her. Her eyes are closed but her smile is bright; mine is as well.

“Liam told me he took it. I asked Sophia what to get you and she showed me this picture. I asked for it and framed it for you to have,” she says, my hands setting the frame upright on my table. I sit up and grab her cheeks, pressing my lips to hers.

“It’s the best gift I’ve ever received,” I whisper, her smile widening before I press my lips to hers again.

“I got you something else,” she smiles, my hands still holding her cheeks.

“Now, you stay here because I left it in the kitchen. And you absolutely, positively cannot judge,” she scolds, climbing out of my lap. I sit up as she walks out of my room, my smile unable to leave my lips. God I love her so fucking much.

She walks back in with a vanilla cupcake and she starts to sing to me, my lips smiling at her as she does so. She could not get any more amazing.

“Make a wish,” she gleams, my eyes closing as I blow out the lone candle. She kisses my cheek and I grab the cupcake, eating it and sharing it with her. Her eyes are so green, my eyes barely exposing the color. But each day they continue to increase in color when I’m with her.

“You want to know what I wished for?” I ask, her head shaking.

“If you tell me, it won’t come true,” she smiles, rubbing her nose against mine as she closes her eyes.

So beautiful.

If you would have told me a year ago I’d find the most beautiful girl and fall in love, I would have beat you up. Being here with her is an action I’d have laughed in your face at, but now I want nothing more than to have her love.

There was a brief moment a couple weeks ago where I found myself imagining a future with her. We watched a marriage happen and my life flashed before my eyes while we sat there. I kept looking at her to assure myself I wasn’t dreaming but the vivid thoughts made me contemplate how I want my future to lay out.

It was the moment Nick and Jay were exchanging vows that I knew one day, I’d get this day. Not once would I have given thought into marriage for I never knew love, but Leslie… Leslie’s changed my life for the better. She’s making me have thoughts about how perfect my future could be with her and that I could actually be someone to provide. Provide for her.