07: Exhausted

"What? What are you looking at me like that for??"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Geez, am I that obvious??
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Jeremy Martin, huh?" Mr. Newton chuckles to himself a bit. "He didn't strike me as your type."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Jeremy?" my voice goes up a few octaves higher than usual. Better tone it down... "Noooo, no way. I have no idea what you're even talking about."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I avert my eyes, but it doesn't stop my face from turning about 2 shades pinker.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Really now?" I can tell Mr. Newton isn't convinced. "Well, my mistake then." He shrugs and goes back to his desk, still smirking.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
. . .
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
The rest of the day passes in a blur because I'm trying to keep myself too busy to think about what happened this morning...or last night for that matter.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
By the time I get to sixth period though, all the sleep I skipped out on the night before finally catches up with me. I'm not just tired, I'm EXHAUSTED.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And listening to Mrs. Beasley drone on and on about polynomial equations isn't exactly helping me stay awake...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
. . .
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Why am I shaking all of a sudden? Is the ground moving??
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
. . .
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"...rynn?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Come on, Aarynn, get up...GET UP!!"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
*snort* "Huh...?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Jamilla stops shaking me once she sees I'm awake.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Aarynn! Jamilla! SOME of us are trying to learn here!" Mrs. Beasley has this vein in her forehead that twitches when she gets mad.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Her vein is twitching so violently right now I'm positive it's gonna burst this time...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Eh hehehe...Sorry, Mrs. Beasley. I don't think Aarynn has fully recovered from...you know...Here, I'll take her to the nurse!" Jamilla smiles nervously and grabs my hand.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Before the teacher can even protest, Jamilla is already dragging me out the door.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
As soon as we get to the nurse's office, Jamilla shuts the door behind us, crosses her arms, and glares me down.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"So...you wanna tell me what's going on?"