06: Drooling

Just then an insanely cute laugh distracts me from the baby chicks.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I look up and make eye contact with Jeremy Martin, who just happens to be passing by in the hall with his friends, right across from the doorway.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
He smiles and waves at me. "Hey, Aarynn!"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Oh no...THE Jeremy Martin just smiled at me. ME! He even said Hey!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
. . .
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What do I do??
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"I, uh...heard you were in the hospital...You okay now?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
He's still talking to me.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
. . .
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Answer him, idiot!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Eh...hehehe...Of course, I've never been better! Ahahaha..."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I absent-mindedly put my hand on my increasingly warm face and feel...wetness.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Oh boy, I'm actually drooling...Wait, this is no way to look in front of the hottest guy in school! 😱
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Get it together, Aarynn!!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I quickly turn away and wipe the drool off with my sleeve.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"I mean, uh...Yeah, of course. Turns out it wasn't anything serious." I shrug my shoulders as nonchalantly as I can.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Good. Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as everyone was saying it was." (that SMILE! 😍)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Wait, what was everyone saying?" Still trying to act cool. I really hope I'm just coming off as mildly curious.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Oh, you know--"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
**the stupid bell rings**
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Sorry, I gotta get to class..."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Right...well..." Ugh. What do I say now?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"See you around, okay?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Okay! Um...yeah, see ya!" I'm totally failing at this whole 'acting cool' thing.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I barely remember to wave bye to him as he disappears in the crowd of other students in the hallway.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
When I turn back around, Mr. Newton has this huge, knowing grin on his face.