Freezing Water The Attack For The Mermaid

• Dedicated to that person that keeps me from freezing

Chapter 11: Freezing Water, The Attack For The Mermaid.

Asuka's POV

Seven days had past and I'd managed to avoid talking to Zoro, its not that hard since he sleeps like twenty hours a day, like a koala.

Oh my sea kings I know what his new nickname is.

"Hey guys we are approaching a new island but unfortunately it seems completely deserted..." Zoro called from the observation room and Sanji and I who were at the wheel looked with binoculars to see I small island with the usual trimmings of a deserted tropical island: grass, sand, rocks, jungle... You know, the usual.

"Who knows? We might find an adventure!" Luffy was already off the ship with a giant backpack."

"Don't forget the pirate bento!" He called to Sanji who sighed and walked off to the kitchen.

"C'mon Asuka, even though it just looks like a tropical island who knows what adventure we could confront? Or artifacts we could discover." Robin put her shades on and beckoned me.

Robin's right, no use dragging my feet when even the smallest island could hold the most potential.

Instead of a yukata I put a red singlet and caprí three-quarter length white pants.

I tied up my hair tightly and walked off the ship.

"Hey Robin what are you staring at?" I tap Robin on the shoulder and she turns to smile at me.

"I just have this strange feeling we are not alone, but it's probably nothing I wouldn't worry about it."

Robin and I walked around in search for anything historical or significant to this island but we couldn't find anything.

"I was hoping to encounter another poneglyth soon, I've been meaning to ask... Are the Poneglyths in Atlantixa the same as up here? Made of stone?" I shook my head.

"No, they wouldn't after years submerged on the deepest ocean floors... The two Poneglyth's in Atlantixa are made of a translucent green stone, they are said to be protected by our god Thoth." As I said this Robin's eye's widened in surprise.

"You couldn't be talking about the emerald tablets?" "Emerald... I think that's what they are made of, I was never quite sure because I had nothing to compare it too."

"I read a book about this legend called 'Thoth's Emerald Tablets' it was said they had sunk along with an island thousands of years ago and that the island was destroyed and no one lived but somewhere the invincible green tablets stood they're ground with help of Thoth, the caretaker and creator of these tablets..."

I looked at her in surprise, this must mean...

"Someone has been to Atlantixa?" We both said at once and I put my hand under my chin.

"It cant possibly be someone from Atlantixa wrote about or shared information on them because they have never been referred to as tablets not to mention it's illegal, plus I'm sure you'd remember something about the mention of Atlantixa or mermaids before this."

"This is a huge breakthrough and changes so much, we scratched another layer on world history!" Robin said in triumph and I smiled.

"Do you think it was Gol D. Roger that shared information on Atlantixa? He is the only human to see an Atlantixan mermaid and my mother probably showed him a glimpse of the city itself, who was the author on this book?" I asked Robin and she shook her head.

"From what I recall the book was unmarked and that's why I found it so interesting, no author or information, not even a publication date."

We walked around more and talked about our discoveries until we noticed the sun closer to the west.