Chop & Change

Bella was at the movies with Jacob & Mike & I was curled up on the couch next to Charlie. It was pouring rain outside & I didn't have any plans to leave the house, Paul was on patrol & I had nothing better to do.
My phone vibrated on the table in front of me & I grabbed it flipping it open 'Jacob lost it & left' Bella's text message read. I frowned at the tiny green screen
'where are you?' I texted back.
'on my way home, I'll see you in a bit' she replied.
I flipped my phone shut & went back to watching the football game "everything alright?" Charlie asked nodding at my phone.
"yeah, I think so. Something about Jacob leaving in a hurry, Bella's on her way back now though." I replied, he shrugged & took a sip of his beer.
"that kid is head over heels for her." he said not taking his eyes off the tv.
I snorted "you can say that again." I said.

The front door opened & I shot up to see Bella walk in she pointed up stairs & I nodded turning back to Charlie who had fallen asleep on the couch, I carefully rose from the couch & laid the blanket over him before tiptoeing to the stairs. I shot up them & into Bella's room.
"what happened?" I asked as I shut the door behind me.
She shook her head & threw her arms up "I don't know." she rushed out "one minute we were talking & then Mike came out of the bathroom after puking-" I chuckled.
"wait, he puked? Face Punch made him puke?" I asked with an amused smile.
"Becka-" Bella wined.
"okay I'm sorry & then what?" I asked watching her pace the room.
"then his body got hot, like really hot, Becka. It was scary, I tried to calm him down but he said he had to go & left." she said, she stopped in the middle of the room & pushed her brown hair back from her face.
I pursed my lips, Jacob finally changed.
"he'll be fine, it sounds like his testosterone was running on overdrive at the threat of another male. But that's just guys." I said with a shrug, I was trying to wave it off.
I couldn't freak out in front of her, she'd know something was up.
"I don't think that's what is going on, Beck." she said, her body was rigid with stress.
"I'll go & check on him tomorrow, it's going to be fine Bells." I said as I stood.
"can I come?" she asked. I scrapped my brain for a reason to leave her behind but found nothing.
"I'm going to Paul's after, I'll just stop in on the way. I'll text you the minute I know more." I said with a small smile, if Jacob was a wolf now he'd know everything that means he'd know about the Cullens & what they were. I couldn't risk his reaction to that, I didn't know how he'd look at Bella after finding out she was with one of them.
She nodded "yeah, okay." she said, I nodded before turning to leave for my room.
I walked down the dark hallway & rushed into it dialling Paul's number the second I locked the door, he answered on the first ring "we have a problem." I said.
"I know, we're with him now. He's fine don't worry about him." he said.
I heard Jacob in the background "is that Becka?" he asked.
"yeah." Paul replied.
"can I talk to her?" he asked, I heard the rustling of the phone being handed to Jacob.
"Jacob hey-" I said letting out a releaved breath.
"you lied to me, Becka." he said, his voice held pain in it & it made me wince.
"it wasn't my secrete to tell you Jake." I whispered, I felt the tears pick my eyes.
"it's okay, I know that but you need to stay away from me for awhile." he began.
"what?! Jake no, please. I couldn't tell you I swore, you know that if I could have-" the tears began to fall & my voice broke "don't do this." I begged him, my knees gave way & I fell to the floor with the sorrow of loosing my best friend.
"no, loca-" he chuckled "just until I get it under control, I would never leave you." he said.
I began to cry harder with relief, I heaved in a shaky breath & laid out on my floor "I don't want to hurt you, just take care of Quil for me. Okay?" he said.
I nodded as I whipped the tears away with the back of my hand "I will." I said.
"oh & Becka?" he said, I hummed in response "keep Bella away from me." he said his tone went dark all of a sudden & I sat up "I can't hurt her & I think I might." he said, the phone began to rustle & Paul came back on the line.
"hey baby, I'm going to have to stay with Jacob & Sam tonight. We're taking it in turns explaining everything & training him." he explained.
"it's okay, I'll see you tomorrow." I said.
"love you." he said sweetly.
"& you." I said before flipping my phone shut.

Loco | Paul Lahote | Book TwoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara