Chapter 15: Home Again

Tracer P.O.V.

I stood outside (Y/N)'s room in the med wing, waiting for Doctor Ziegler to let me know that it was okay for me to see him. Three hours had passed since we completed our mission in King's Row, it's on every telly on base that I've walked past so far. They haven't gone into who exactly stopped Null Sector but, they do know that it was Overwatch. Maybe this would get us back into some good light.

A light sweeping wind caught me as I turned to see Dr. Ziegler, with her hair tied back in a pony tail, leave (Y/N)'s room along with a nurse. "Check on his vitals and call me as soon as he has regained consciousness." She told the nurse. "Yes, Dr. Ziegler." She replied back. I stepped toward Dr.Z and she turned around to see me stepping closer. Her smile gave me comfort of what she was going to say next.

"Are you ready to see him?"

"Yes, Doctor Ziegler. If it's alright with you." I answered with a nod.

She opened the door for me to hear the steady beeping sound of the heart monitor as I walked in to see (Y/N) resting on the hovering hospital bed. (Y/N) was cleaned of any dirt and had his eyes closed. I walked to him and rested my hands on the railing of the bed, "How is-?"

"He'll make a full recovery, Lena. (Y/N) just needs some bed rest. I will give you a moment while I go and tell his family the good news."

"Thank you, Dr. Ziegler. I appreciate it."

She walked out of the room where it was just me and (Y/N). I stood on the left side of his bed and looked all over him. (Y/N) looked slimmer than the day he left for London, he probably found some food but barely had anytime to eat. His hair had also grown out a bit and was growing some stubble along his cheeks, there also seemed to be no bruises or scratches on his arms. I guess Dr.Z healed them up while he was in the ICU. (Y/N) faced me with closed eyes as I watched his chest go up and down.

I leaned in to his ear, " I don't know if you can hear me, but...thank you...for everything. From helping me, creating the accelerator, making me laugh, for giving me another chance to do some good for the world and...for coming back...alive. You fought for my home and helped me on my first mission... I just want to say; thank you."

I moved over and gave (Y/N) a soft peck on his cheek. Stepping back, I accidentally bumped the tray over the bed, knocking over a couple of cups and one had a few tongue depressors inside that spilled onto the floor. "Oh, bollocks!" I picked up most of them but a couple fell under the chair in the corner, so I had to get down to the floor to reach them.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

L: Hey, wake up.

R: Oh my god! She kissed us! We are never washing this cheek again!

Oh, you guys are still here, you thought to yourself. Thought you were gonna fade back into my subconscious.

L: That's what we thought as well but it seems-

R: We're here for the whole ride!Now, open your eyes and behold!

Behold what?

R:Thank me later. I said; Behold!

Curiosity dancing in your mind, something naturally for a seeker of knowledge, you slowly let the light of the room hit your pupils. Your sight adjusted and the room became clear. "Can barely reach the little bugger." A familiar voice rang in the room and through your ears. You raised your head slightly to see above the edge of your bed and to see if it was really them. But as you centered on where the voice came from, something...round caught your attention. Down on the floor, Lena's...backside waved slightly back and forth as she reached for whatever she was trying to grab. She scooted up, which raised her backside up and her suit was a bit...tight. "Got it!" She said in a whisper. As she did, you got a bit excited and your heart rate started to go up and the monitor by you picked it up.