"You never liked those comics, but on that day, they seemed to be the only thing which would make you happy" The older recalls.

"It wasn't the comic that was making me happy...It was the fact that you were there. You never left my side." Yuta finally turns to make eye contact with his friend.

"Would you two just kiss and make up already?" Jaehyun jokes.

Taeyong glares at him for a moment before he begins to hyperventilate again.

The paramedic calls out to the driver telling them to hurry. The driver responds saying they are just pulling into the emergency bay.

Taeyong's hand goes limp as he loses consciousness once more.

The vehicle comes to a stop and the back doors open, revealing a crew of nurses and a doctor waiting outside.

They take the stretcher and rush him into the building.

Jaehyun and Yuta run behind them until they reach the doors to the operating theatre.

There, Jaehyun grabs Yuta's arm and pulls him into the waiting room.

"He will be fine, like the doctor said before, he has at least 50 years" The younger speaks encouragingly.

"Doyoung was meant to live until he was old and smelt funny, but that didn't happen" Yuta frowns as he responds to the younger's attempt.

"That was a terrible accident Yuta, Taeyong has a diagnosis, he will be fine. You have to believe in that."

"Or what?" Yuta pushes.

"Or you will fall apart like I will if I think any different."

It is now that Yuta notices tears in the other's eyes. He is quick to change his words.

"He will be fine." He states, even though he isn't quite sure.

Jaehyun chuckles at this. He pats the older's thigh, "Thanks."

Soon, Sicheng, Kun and Mrs Kim arrive at the hospital.

Yuta stands as he sees them. Sicheng disregards the fight they had and immediately embraces his boyfriend.

He can't even begin to imagine how guilty the older must be feeling.

Mrs Kim takes a seat beside Jaehyun and Kun crouches before him as the younger explains what happened on the ambulance ride.

"I love you" Sicheng mutters into Yuta's ear.

The Japanese pulls away from the other so he can make eye contact with him.

"You've never said that before" He exclaims.

Sicheng nods slowly as he turns to briefly gaze at the others.

"Seeing all this tragedy made me realise how little time we may have together. It sounds corny as hell but I want you to know that I love you."

"I love you too" Yuta responds, briefly kissing the younger.

The pair pull away from each other just as a doctor heads over to them from the operating theatre.

"You are with Taeyong right?" The man asks.

Everyone nods firmly as Yuta hopes they receive good news instead of the bad news he received for Doyoung.

"You are all familiar with his heart condition, it has gotten worse. Recently he must have been under a significant amount of stress within a short period of time. This has caused his heart to tire much quicker then it usually would. We can't treat him here, we can only do a temporary treatment which will last for two weeks at the most. He needs to go to America and get help there. Within two weeks would be great."

"What if he doesn't go?" Sicheng asks in Yuta's place.

"If he continues like this, he may last for a few years or even months before becoming deceased." The doctor informs them all.

"He will be moved to a room of his own within the hour, he can be released tomorrow."

The doctor walks away, leaving the group by themselves once more.

"He has to go" Jaehyun frowns as he looks at Yuta.

The Japanese takes a deep breathe before speaking.

"I hope you passed the test."

A/N - i love how you all panicked that he was going to die. i was laughing as i saw your comments. just remember i do have 'satan' in my username haha

thanks for reading!!