Chapter 5

"Zeus?" I questioned. He smiled at me.

"Hello, Zara. Fancy meeting you here."

"Yeah," I replied awkwardly, unsure of what to say.

"What are you are you doing here?" he asked. We slowly began moving off the dance floor and to a a table.

"I...well, I'm staying here for a bit," I said. He nodded and waved a waitress over, ordering a drink. "What about you?" I asked. "A bit far away from home."

"Actually, my mother just passed," he told me.

"That's awful, Zeus," was all I could say. I knew how much it hurt to lose your mother.

"We weren't all that close. But, now I've inherited the Alpha title, so I've decided to negotiate with Alpha Hex Knox. My mother was...not so nice to them. Now that she's gone, I would like to mend old wounds." I gave him a quick nod of understanding.

If things go well for him, we could be seeing a lot of each other. That is, if I pass all my tests and become the Beta.

"You know that Alpha Hex is on busy, correct?" Zeus sipped his drink.

"Yes, he informed me. Unfortunately, I was already in route, so he was gracious enough to offer me a room in his home for my Beta and I." My eyes widened a bit in shock

"Oh, my. It's going to be a full house," I said, laughing a bit.

"How so?" he questioned, giving me an odd look.

"Well, Hex's mother got her just a few hours ago, and I've been staying with him for a couple of weeks now." Zeus started choking of his drink and coughing. I jumped up to pat his back. When he was finished, I sat back down. "Are you okay?" I asked with concern.

"I'm fine, you simply surprised me is all. How did you manage to get the big, bad Alpha Hex to let you stay with him?"

Uh, sleep with him, I guess.

I refrained from saying what was going through my head and bit my lip instead.

"He wants me to be his Beta," I told him honestly. His mouth formed an 'O'.

"I see. I assume you accepted."

"Mhm," I hummed, nodding. "I've got a lot of training ahead, but I've learned a lot already.

"Well, I guess this means we'll be under the same roof tonight, before I head to my hotel. Maybe we'll both be feeling a little deja vu." He whispered that last part extremely suggestively. I didn't know what to say.

Like, yeah, I'd love to bone you in the same house I'm boning your soon to be ally. But he didn't know that was happening and I didn't feel the need to tell him. I mean, really, we slept together once, or twice...okay, maybe three times. But, it's not like we have a kid together.

"I should probably get home," I finally said. The seductive look in his eyes faded.

"Of course, I'll also get going. Meet you at Alpha Hex's home," he said. I grabbed my purse and headed for the doors, Zeus following close behind. We walked into the little room you walk into before actually entering the club. I went to reach for the door handle, but someone yanked me back. My back hit the wall, not hard, just a bump, and lips landed on my own.

My eyes widened with complete shock and I gasped, though, it was muffled by Zeus' thick, buttery lips on mine. I tasted his last drink on my breath. It must have been something citrus, because he tasted like orange. Heat pulled between my legs knowing this...feeling this.