9) A special gift

Ch.9 A special gift

At some point everyone was conjuring healthy birds. And Professor McGonagall was really happy because we were already behind. So that lesson we started changing the colors of our own eyebrows and in Fiona Smith's case mono brow. Nikki turned her eyebrow a dark blue and James and Chrissy agreed on turning theirs red. Chrissy accidentally turned hers purple and James was still trying to turn his red but pointed at me and I ended up having one. And eventually everyone was giving one another colored eyebrows. Everyone was laughing including Professor McGonagall.

I walked out of the door and bumped into someone, and that someone turned out to be Draco. We knocked each other over, and usually I didn't care. But being in this situation with someone you're secretly seeing is just weird. Someone whistled and a few made weird sounds.

"Cause a scene." I hissed silently so only he could hear. Because if Draco was in this situation with someone else he would probably do that. If he went easy on me they might suspect that he thought I was nice.

We both stood up and while he was dusting himself of he spoke in a sharp tone I already disliked. "Watch where you're going idiot."

"Watch where you're going!" I shot back.

"Oh I see," he said. "You copy my lines because you can't come up with something yourself."

"If your ego wasn't so big you might have seen me." He simply looked stunned and I could see he was withholding laughter, so was I.

"You wanted to walk in to me, didn't you?" He said and smiled his half smile. I laughed a short bark.

"No, but you should know you're an awful excuse of a human being."

"And you're an awful excuse of a wizard." He almost spit on me while saying this. A few Slytherins laughed and made 'wooh' sounds.

"That's why I'm a witch right?" I blew a strand of my hair away and high-fived myself for that comeback. He looked dumbfounded and I could see he was a bit surprised I won. He walked past me faking angry, a Ravenclaw girl patted me on the back. And I seriously got praises.

"You go girl!" Called a Hufflepuff boy that winked at me. I blushed and got away.

The day passed and when I was sitting in the Great Hall eating dinner. I saw Draco and he smiled. I smiled back and got back to eating. When dinner was over and only a few people were sitting there including me and Draco. He rose from his chair and with his head he pointed towards the door. I nodded and rose too, he was already out of the door and I knew where he was heading so I went too. He held the door for me and we went in.

"Ava sit down, and close your eyes." He ordered so I did. I heard him going trough his pockets. And I felt cold metal on my breast but still closed my eyes. I felt how he held my hair so he could close whatever was on my neck. "Open up."

I looked down and saw a beautiful necklace, not just any necklace but the most beautiful one I'd ever seen. I touched it to be sure it was real. It was a silver medallion with a blue stone and an eagle on top of it. I turned it around and there was a green stone with a serpent. The weapons of Slytherin and Ravenclaw. It actually represented us.

"Draco.. It's so.."

"Do you dislike it?" He asked and looked worried.

"No, no the opposite of it. It's too beautiful, beautiful is not enough."

"It looks like you then." I melted from the inside and kissed him. "It represents us," he said. "You can put the Ravenclaw symbol so people can see it. But secretly I'm still there." He turned the medallion around.