2) Bird poop and Water fights

Ch. 2 Bird poop and Water fights

After the trophy room, I didn't speak to Malfoy. Not in like I was ignoring him but we didn't find ourselves in the same places. Until the Quidditch match was about to begin. I had practised hard with my team members. And I was better at Quidditch than I'd ever hoped.

"Okay team. The Slytherin team is good. Really good, and everyone is just as special. Keeper if you let too many Quaffles slip they might not even need the Snitch. If the Chasers don't score and they do, we have a problem. And Hugo, if we don't keep the Bludgers away from everyone someone might not be able to play. Seeker, you'll win 150 points when you catch it. Guys every and each one of you is important for this team. So good luck!" Oscar's pep talks were really nice and gave us the feeling we were all equally important. But we were just as important as the others. So it really made sense.

"Smarts won't help us here." Louise said. "They will play dirty that's for sure. But we're not going to do that, we're going to play a nice game."

Everyone agreed, everyone knew that the Slytherins were known for their foul play. We all prepared for what was coming and no one spoke, everyone was thinking. It was true, the only smarts we needed were the tactics.

When everyone was finally in the air, my body tensed. I had to catch the Snitch before Malfoy did. Madame Hooch let the Bludgers and the Snitch go and threw the Quaffle in the air. I immediately looked for the Snitch. I wanted to catch it as soon as possible. I had the feeling the Ravenclaws weren't able to beat the Slytherins. We probably only were going to win if I caught the Snitch on time. I felt Draco's eyes burning on my back. And looked behind me, he was flying on his broomstick not so far away. He winked when I looked at him, I rolled my eyes. He shouldn't be doing that out in the open. That could turn out badly if someone saw.

"Any idea where the Snitch could be?" I joked when he flew closer to me.

"Louise Hemmings got the Quaffle and.. she scored." Zacharias Smith commentated. Every Ravenclaw was cheering, I looked over to Louise and she was giving high-fives to the other players. I was looking for the Snitch but couldn't find it. It was quite frustrating and I was flying in circles and paying attention to Malfoy. If he saw the Snitch it was only a matter of time before we were both chasing it. But the Snitch was nowhere to be found. I felt so unbelievably useless. I had one job, but I couldn't even find the Snitch.

At some point the Slytherins were just thirty points away from not needing the Snitch to win. I had to find it. "Ava, are you sleeping or something? A Snitch would be very useful." Oscar said when he flew next to me to beat the Bludger that was coming to me away.

"It's nowhere to be found, but I'll try." And right after that I saw the Snitch flying next to the other Beater Hugo. "Gotta go."

I sped to him, he was oblivious, he had no idea the Snitch was like right behind him. I hoped he wouldn't touch it, because if someone else touched the Snitch other then the Seekers it would be a foul. I saw Malfoy going faster and faster. His broom was much faster but I had a head start. I hoped that I would win, that I would arrive earlier.

"Slytherin scored." Zacharias said and after that the whole Slytherin crowd cheered and whistled. They had two Quaffles to go and I could see the Snitch. Malfoy was gaining speed and it wouldn't be long before he would get passed me. "Slytherin scores again." Zacharias said, sounding very unhappy.

"Ravenclaw is in possession of the Quaffle and, WHAT THE HECK! THAT WAS NASTY." One of our chasers almost got kicked of their broomstick.

"Ava Flanagan almost catches the Snitch. Go Ava!" He yelled, he totally wanted Ravenclaw to win. Because that would be good news for Hufflepuff.