1) Detention for the very first time

Ch. 1 Detention for the very first time

Sweat dripped down my forehead when I changed in to my robes. I wiped it away and was annoyed because I smelled very bad. I almost cringed. I sprayed some perfume on myself and said goodbye to the other players. I walked silently trough the halls and almost bumped in to a Gryffindor. He had red hair and freckles all over his face and remembered that he was the guy. The guy Malfoy said something about, "you must be a weasley." He had said. It was already a few years ago but I did remember. And he was the guy Hermione thought I was yesterday. We looked nothing alike. He had freckles, I didn't. He had red hair, I had hazelnut coloured hair. He was a boy, I wasn't. Well that could go on for ages.

"Sorry," he said while shuffling forward, without giving me a second look.

"Oh sorry." I said while standing a bit dumbfounded, he didn't even touch me. And he was still sorry? Weird.

I continued walking and made sure I didn't bump into someone again. I ran for the door when I saw Loony Lovegood walking through it. I was just on time, she held the door for me. 

"Thank you," I said. Walking right behind her, she didn't say anything to me. She didn't say something as a no problem, she completely ignored me. She probably didn't hear me, I guess it was something like that. I got my Transfiguration books and looked for Chrissy but when I looked around I saw her being too busy with James. And I think you already know in which way.

I kind of assumed that I had to walk alone again. We had Transfiguration with the Hufflepuffs. I was quite good at it, even for a Ravenclaw.

"Pay attention, you too Miss Green. We're going to conjure birds. It's a hard spell, so don't get nervous. Repeat after me, Avis." Said Professor McGonagall.

"Avis." The whole class repeated. To my opinion everybody pronounced it perfectly.

"Good, good." She muttered. "Keep repeating that until I tell you to stop."

Everybody kept repeating the word, it was rather annoying. But I figured I shouldn't be so annoyed by it.

"Wands in the air," chirped Professor McGonagall later. I looked at my wand, he was made of vine with Phoenix feather core, eleven inches and hard. I loved my wand, to me it was both beautiful and powerful. "This is very hard so concentrate. Make the letter M with your wand. And pronounce it right."

I tried to pronounce it perfectly and made a M with my wand while saying: "Avis." A few Ravenclaws managed to conjure a few feathers. But no one looked at their attempts because what shot out of my wand was awful. A yellowish misshapen bird was laying right in front of me. A few Hufflepuffs almost threw up. Their faces turning green, and pinching their noses. Not that the bird smelled or anything but it looked so horrendous that I wanted to get rid of it so badly. Professor McGonagall looked at it with her eyes wide open. The bird let out a soft shriek, and after that Professor McGonagall muttered something and the bird disappeared.

Everyone was staring at me in shock, I didn't know what to do. "I'm so sorry." I said and shook my head, "sorry."

"Get to your practice." Professor McGonagall said, but no one did. They still stared at me in horror. I had no idea what just had happened, Professor McGonagall sighed. "That's what happens when you're better but not perfect yet. Conjuring feathers is not enough, and conjuring a misshapen bird is good. Talking about the misshapen bird, good job Ava you took it to the next level." 

I blushed, but I couldn't understand why conjuring a misshapen bird was good. And I knew that no one else got it either. Some people were talking about it, and the rest were practicing the spell. But no one actually tried, they didn't want a misshapen bird in front if them. And I totally got that. When class was over Professor McGonagall motioned me to her.