15) House elves

Ch. 15 House elves

As soon as Draco found the stash, we hid it in the Room of Requirement. Things were going back to normal because as soon as the Amortentia didn't have effect on James anymore he was so confused. While Riley was frustrated out of her mind, Chrissy was happier than ever before. Because James went to her immediately and kissed her. He didn't know what happened but when she told him, he was furious. Well, furious was an understatement. He was so angry, I don't think I had ever seen James angry.

He might've been angry but he looked so calm. He went to Riley with Chrissy by his side, he was dissapointed and that was the worst for Riley I guessed. He spoke to her in such an unfamiliar way, he did say he wanted to stay friends but that he needed space before they could be friends again. What had the most impact was when he said: "Riley do you hate me so much that you don't even want me to have a relationship with the person I truly love." Chrissy had been grinning the entire time. and who could blame her. She thought she'd lost him, but she hadn't.

That night I went to the Room of Requirement. I just felt like it, when I got there the Room was already in use and I had to know why. I was rather confused, how many others knew about the Room of Requirement. My heart was thumping loudly when I walked back. I was afraid of getting caught, and wandering in the school in the middle of the night didn't seem like such a good idea anymore. That was exactly ten seconds before I saw Mrs Norris, this cat was an asshole. I know that cats usually were sweet and cute and purred when you petted them. This one not so much. I tried it once and it left me with cat scratches where I still have the scars from. It surely did not like me, can I emphasize not. I mean this cat would even bite me in the hand if I fed her. So I ran, I ran as fast as I could. I was going nowhere the only thing that was certain about my destination was that it was away from the cat.

I hid behind a stone pillar and saw figures. I was still close to the Room of Requirement, but I was out of sight, So if Argus Vilch decided to search his cat he wouldn't see me standing in the hallway in the middle of the night.

Mrs Norris decided to go away and just when I was planning on moving I heard some footsteps, and muffled voices. It were not human voices, one was higher than the other and the other one sounded rather annoyed while the other was kind of happy.

"He told you not to warn the boy Kreacher, you have to listen. He is your master." 

"But I want to warn the great pureblood wizard Malfoy, can't you tell him he's being watched by Potter?"

"No I won't." Said a high pitched voice.

So apparently someone called Potter was watching Draco, I bet my money on Harry Potter because they disliked each other. The two figures moved to a lighter part of the hallway and I could see them slightly better now, they were certainly not human.

And the fact that one of them had a master I assumed they were House elves, they were really small. One of them was wearing a pillowcase and the other was wearing multiple hats and different socks. I supposed he was the one that sounded happy. Their ears were big and one of them was cute in a weird way.

When they finally disappeared I got up from my hiding spot and went back to the Ravenclaw Tower. I went to bed and slept an amount of six hours that night. That had been a big mistake, I was a total wreck the next day. I didn't fall asleep during the lessons because I loved it too much but I was downright tired. I went to bed early and was before anyone else, it wasn't even hard to fall asleep. It happened quite fast and I was happy about it.

I woke up with a jolt in the middle of the night, someone had caressed my cheek.

I loved Draco but I did scold him for scaring me."What are you doing?" I whispered. I was breathing loudly and could barely breath in a normal way.