4) Katie gets cursed

Ch. 4 Katie gets cursed

Our flirting continued even when the Hogwarts grounds were covered in a thick layer of snow. It was innocent, but we didn't want anyone to notice though. But somehow his attention to me got less and less. And I could tell you, I didn't like that. I'm usually not that kind of girl, but I was now. I hated being that girl that couldn't stand not getting attention. It's so fucked up that when you get used to something as little as attention you feel incomplete when you don't get it. Did I upset him? Well if he ignored me, I should do it too. I didn't want to look to needy.

Chrissy and I walked with James to Hogsmeade. We were all icy when we arrived to Honeydukes. Chrissy held James' hand and I felt unbelievably lonely. They bought a few things and I bought a lollipop that resembled the one Draco gave to me in the trophy room. When I would see him I'd give it to him.

A Gryffindor came in and started telling her friend very loudly that Katie Bell was cursed. They walked outside I followed them and didn't even bother saying I was going away. They rushed to the path I always went and saw a few people walking to Hogwarts very fast. I think I just missed it. I was already walking back, I figured I should go to Hogwarts. I had to write my parents, I wanted something to do. I walked to Hogwarts and arrived in my dormitory and got my parchment and quill. And started writing.

I wrote what I wrote usually something about how beautiful it was and that I hoped everyone was okay. My two brothers sometimes wrote back a few sentences and my mom and dad in long paragraphs about how their weeks were. Alex and Jeffrey were always sarcastic like how they didn't enjoy the owl post and that the owl pooped everywhere and that I should potty train him. I loved them, they always made me smile.

I went to the Owlery and hoped I would run in to Malfoy. I might me ignoring him but I still liked seeing him, maybe I could ask him why he ignores me. Or why I made him angry.

But I got my hopes up, he wasn't there. And how could I be so foolish that I thought it. I looked for Goofy, for your record I did not name him. My brothers did, and they might pretend they didn't like him. But I knew they did. I saw and tied my letter to him, he flew away and I walked back. I heard a few people talking about Katie. And it wasn't just someone, it was Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione and Professor .McGonagall. I couldn't help but eavesdrop.

"What happened when Katie touched the necklace?" I heardProfessor McGonagall say.

"She rose up in the air," said Harry, before either Ron or Hermione could speak, "and then began to scream, and collapsed. Professor, can I see Professor Dumbledore, please?" What would Harry wanted to do with Professor Dumbledore. That was quite weird.

"The headmaster is away until tomorrow."

"Away?" Harry repeated angrily.

"Yes, Potter, away!" said Professor McGonagall sharply. "But anything you have to say about this horrible business can be said to me, I'm sure!"

"I think Draco Malfoy gave Katie that necklace, Professor." I heard him say, I had to keep myself from going in there and saying something. Draco would never do that, right? How could he accuse him from cursing Katie, why on earth would he want that? It just didn't make sense, Draco wasn't evil.

"That is a very serious accusation, Potter," said Professor McGonagall and I totally agreed. He couldn't know, or he might've seen it. But then he could've stopped it so that's probably not it.

I had to go to the toilet, I wanted to hear it all but I needed to pee very badly. I ran for the bathroom, and took care of everything as fast as possible. And ran back being totally out of breath.