18) This is goodbye

Ch. 18 This is goodbye

Now it was a full body Patronus, it was a Bear. Stephen looked at the bear then at me, "awesome."He said to me and I could see he was holding his breath, my Patronus was a freaking bear how awesome was that. Many times I had wondered what my Patronus was, now that I saw it I wasn't sure. Why was my Patronus a bear. I was not as powerful, there was no way I resembled a bear. But yet here it was. 

My skin was covered in goosebumps as I heard the first few shouts. I froze, it was happening. Draco's plan worked and somehow I hoped it hadn't. I looked next to me and woke up Chrissy and Nikki. I told them what was going on and that they should pack. I told Chrissy to tell James the same things I told them. Both of them didn't even question me, they got their stuff and I got the smelly meat that I had hidden under my bed. It smelled perfectly fine but I knew for sure that if I hadn't put a spell on it, it would've smelled horrid. 

James was in his clothes and they all had their stuff. "As you know I have no time to explain, just come with me." We dodged a few people and ran to the doors, a man with a nasty smile yelled something but I was faster and blocked his spell. Freezing him we ran on and Chrissy stood on someone's hand and slipped. James caught her, there was so much adrenaline pumping through my veins I felt nothing. I didn't feel my shoulder where I had hit the door that opened. It was going to be a nasty bruise but that was better than stopping and risking death. 

I saw that Nikki was crying and that Chrissy looked very pale. James was holding up the best and held Chrissy's hand while running. As I was running I saw that Draco was walking up to Dumbledore's office. He looked at me and that was the moment I wanted to break down. I wanted to run up to him, kiss him and tell him to come with me. This however was not an option and I hated running on as I saw him. I knew I had said goodbye. Then it hit me that I had forgotten to warn Stephen, there was no way I was leaving him behind. 

"Go go go," I yelled. "I need to get someone, I'll be right back." They looked at me in horror but James nodded and ushered the girls forward. Hogwarts had once felt like home, now it felt like a battle ground. I ran up the stairs and was panting as soon as I got close to the place where I knew his dormitory was. There was a boy motionless on the ground, I knelt down and felt like throwing up. No Stephen please. 

My lip trembled, "tell me you're still awake." He opened his eyes slightly and looked at me, he kissed me. I didn't kiss him back but I didn't think he noticed. The fact he was alive made me happy and I wasn't going to ruin this. 

"Ava," he said my name and touched my face. "You knew didn't you? About all of this, you've been acting so strange." I looked at him not wanting to respond. 

"We need to get going," I just said an helped him up. I couldn't risk sitting here longer and being in danger. He stumbled with me down the stairs to where Chrissy and the others were. 

"Not so fast," I heard a voice call and a green light was visible. I looked at Nikki and she was lying face down on the ground not moving anymore. I cried out, "Expecto Patronum." 

The Bear appeared and the woman was distracted what gave us enough time to disappear and run away to the Forbidden Forest. The Thestrals were there and the others looked at me funny, "what are that?" James asked. At first I had been afraid they wouldn't be able to see them but since we just lost Nikki they all had seen death. 

I shivered and looked behind me making sure she wasn't following us. I threw the meat at the Thestrals and they ate it happily, don't know if happily was the right term for tearing flesh apart. But hey. "That are Thestrals," I explained, "and if we want to get away we need to get on them now." We all took our own Thestral and we took off, flying through the night. This would've been a good experience if Nikki was still here and if Hogwarts wasn't being taken over.