Calum - High Fever

Hi everyone!

Sooooo... Here we are trying to do this sickfic series.

I apologies for any mistakes. I'm not a native speaker and this is not edited. But if there are sentences that don't make sense or big mistakes, please tell me. I want to improve myself.

That said, this is an experiment. Please let me know what you think about it.

Hope you will enjoy!

---

Luke is frustrated. He misses home, he misses his mom and dad and even his dog. He doesn't want to record today, neither he wants to go to the interview, but it has to be done.

He passed out on the couch last night and no one bothered to wake him up. He remembers Ashton going to sleep before dinner and Michael and Calum watching a movie with him. So why didn't they care enough to wake him up when they went to sleep.

He is stretching his sore neck when Calum walks in the room, dragging his bare feet on the floor, all wrapped up in a blanket. He greets Luke with a thin voice, almost whispering and Luke wonders if he is still half asleep or if he is ashamed realising that they made him sleep on the couch.

Luke doesn't reply and instead he asks for a cup of tea when he notices that Calum is heading to the kitchen.

Calum disappears for what seems an e eternity to Luke and when he comes back his hands are still wrapped around the blanket and there is no sign of tea.

Luke clenched his jaw, turning away from Calum, not in the mood to talk to him right now. He sees from the corner of his eye as Calum leans against the wall, taking a couple of deep breaths before collapsing right next to Luke.

'What's up with you?' Luke asks, nudging his leg in a not so nice way and Calum snaps his eyes open startled from the sudden hit. His lips are slightly parted and his eyes unfocused, 'You seem drunk,' Luke says rolling his eyes, 'Pull yourself together.'

'Don't feel good,' Calum mumbles and to Luke it sounds way too childish.

'neither do I. But I wouldn't have left you here all night. If I catch a cold it's on you and Michael,' he snaps.

Luke barely registers how watery Calum's eyes turn when he feels a hand slap the back of his head.

'What's on Michael?' Michael asks from behind Luke, his brows furrowed in a suspicious way. He is getting bossy, he must have heard Luke. He doesn't wait for Luke's reply, which only makes him feel worse. Instead all Michael's attention focuses on Calum. 'Why didn't you wake me up?' he asks.

'Sorry,' Calum says, coughing without even trying to cover his mouth.

Luke makes a face at how disgusting that is. The fact that Calum might be sick flashes in his mind and he feels bad for him for a split second. But when Michael puts his hand on Calum's forehead frowning he gets jealous all of a sudden.

'Come on, what is he, three?' he snaps, roughly grabbing Calum's arm and shaking it, making his whole torso shake in sync, 'Grow up Calum, grow up.'

Then he stands up, storming away and slamming the door shut. Why did he do that? He actually got phisical to one of his best friends who is probably already feeling shitty. He hears Michael curse from behind the door and he wanders if it's about him or Calum.

Luke makes his way to Ashton's room, nudging him in the nicest way he can manage. Ashton stirs slowly, he looks like a cat as he purrs and stretches his legs, finally opening his eyes. 'Morning cutie. Why are you waking me up this early?'