Answerish

"So?"

Chuuya sat impatiently in front of me. We both sat in the kitchen, drinking coffee. It was currently 4 am.

"Okay, well I promised one thing. So, I've been going up north. That's it."

"What? Where up north? What city?"

"I've said what I've needed to."

Chuuya sighed and banged his head back into the wall behind him.

"No, you've said what you wanted to. Not what you needed."

I shrugged my shoulders and dipped my coffee quietly.

"Okay how would you like it if I-"

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"No, I wouldn't like it if you left for a few days without telling me where you've been or what you've done. But it wouldn't bother me because I know you're doing it intentionally to make me understand your pain."

Chuuya huffed.

"You're really starting to piss me off. I don't like your attitude."

"Okay. Then don't deal with me. Period." I got up and threw the rest of my coffee away.

It was unfair for me to have such an attitude but I just couldn't help it. I couldn't tell Chuuya anything and it sucked for the both of us.

Chuuya let out an immense groan, clearly annoyed. He came up and hugged me.

"You know I hate fighting. I absolutely hate it. Can you just please tell me? Please, for the love of god- just tell me? I just don't want you to die. I hate thinking about it and I'm starting to stress about it. I'm pretty sure we're both gonna die. You know Morí loves you two to death and... sort of likes- never mind, ew. gross. He didn't want to let you guys go. He wants to protect you guys. Both of you are assets to the mafia. Hell, if you guys needed a place, then he'd give you one. Please, just tell us where you've been." Chuuya breathed.

"Morí likes what?" I asked. The amount of disgust that came out of Chuuya when he stopped his sentence midway was some juice I wanted to hear.

"Nothing. It'll piss me off."

"You're already pissed off."

"[Y/N]." Chuuya scolded.

I shrugged and sighed. I was never really sure about how much of an asset I was to Morí. I knew he loved Dazai. The boy was practically the most prized possession in the Mafia. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how much hell it would be for the Mafia if they really tried to use our extended family as a threat. But at the same time all of it was still risky.

"Okay let's make a deal, yeah?" I asked, situating myself so that I sat on top of our counter. Chuuya moves himself in between my legs and hugged me once more. He rested his small head on my shoulder and sighed for the billionth time today.

"Tell me what you were gonna say about Morí and I'll legitimately tell you something about my whereabouts." I bargained.

I had a feeling about what he was going to say to be honest, but I was hoping I'd be wrong.

Chuuya stayed quiet for a few moments, contemplating some decisions. I hugged him tight and wished for the outcome of this situation to be remotely decent.

"He likes you."

Wishes; obliterated.

"What?"

Chuuya let out a noise of disgust and looked me in the eyes.

"The old man doesn't know about us. I sort of don't want him to anyways. He's been dropping subtle hints about you, and by subtle I mean pretty fucking obvious. He's always asking me what you like and other bullshit because he believes we're best friends or something like that. I could see why he likes you. I mean, look at you."

I laughed and blushed.

"But I think he has other reasons that differ from mine. I personally think he has this idea that you have some qualities just like Dazai that he really loves. Also, I think it has to do with the contrast between your elegance and your ability. Morí likes presentable people who can surprise him, and you are definitely that person." Chuuya explained.

It was genuinely hard to believe that old man would have even the slightest romantic interest in me. He seemed to only care about Elise and work.

"Well that's fucking bizarre. Are you fucking with me?"

"I wish I was. I really, really wish I was."

We sat in awkward silence as I processed the unbelievable information.

"Anyways.... uh.. Dazai and I found out we have family. That's all I'm telling you. I'm pretty sure you can assume what we did with that information."

Chuuya's eyes widened.

"Wait, seriously? That's amazing!"

I smiled brightly and nodded.

"Tell Mori that and see what he does. There's honestly no solution out of this other than this. That's all I'm telling you."

"I could see why you were hesitant to say anything." Chuuya sighs. "But I'm just relieved you told me something useful."

I nodded once more as he pulled out his phone to what I assume is call Morí and relay the information I gave to him back to Morí.

I shivered at the thought of going back to the Port Mafia and facing Morí.

There's no way in hell Morí... nope.

-
Not proofread.

I don't really want to end this so let's add a small weird twist to it.