Chapter 3 Woods

When I woke up this time I was practically laying on a tree in the middle of the woods. I realized that I did not have a hospital gown on but jeans and a t-shirt. What is wrong with these people?

As I woke up, I caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of my eye; I turned in that direction to come face to face with yet another boy about my age with blue-black hair and crystal clear blue eyes.

“Hello, you must by the new girl everyone’s talking about,” he said.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“So they haven’t informed you about where you are?” he questioned while starting to pace in front of me.

“Do you expect me to know what you’re talking about?” I asked with a confused expression on my face.

“No, I don’t, but I thought they would at least tell you where you were going,” he responded, sounding surprised.

“All they said was that we were going to something called the base,” I stated.

“So that’s what they call it now,” he pondered, “Was a guy named Flavian with him?”

“Yeah, and what do you mean by him?” I asked.

“Did he-how did-is it really?” I-I shouldn’t say anything,” he stuttered and started to run away.

“Hey, wait up,” I called as I ran to catch up.

He was out of the woods in less than a minute and I found out that I was more than half way into it.

When I cleared the forest, I found myself to be in what I would think would be New York City, not a base. Almost all I could see was gray sky scrapers and asphalt with steam rising off it because of the heat this place emanated.

“Whoa,” I wondered aloud as I started up to the gray sky.

“You’re a slow runner,” he replied.

“So, you only wanted to get me out of the woods?” I questioned. I spun around; the woods were full of color: bright green leaves against dark bark, and blue sky peeking through the trees.

“Yeah, seeing that I was sent to get you and bring you back to the Station,” he responded.

“How do you explain this?” I asked while looking up to where gray met blue in the sky.

“I can’t, you would have to ask someone who helped build this,” he answered.

“What exactly is this?” I spun around to look at him.

“Base,” was the only answer I got, “Come on, we need to get to the Station.”

“Which is?” I asked.

“Headquarters,” he replied while heading towards a random spot in this place.

“Yeah, but what exactly is it?” I was getting sick of one word answers.

“You’ll see,” he turned around and smiled at me.

Author's Note: I know this is really short but the next chapter should be longer because of what I plan to do with it, whenever I get around to writing it and I didn't end it with her blacking out.