Homecoming: Part 1

Kevs POV:

"Ok Nat, we need to think of the most romantic way to ask my Edd to homecoming." I said, laying on his bed after practice.

"You're making this way more complicated than it has to be. Just ask him already! He probably thinks you're never gonna ask him since you're taking too long. Homecoming is this weekend, you know." He says to me.

"I know, I know. But I can't just ask him! He deserves to be smothered in romance.... and I don't know if I can do that." I said, disappointedly.

"Yes you can. And you will. We just got to think of a good way...."

I stared at Nat while he thought. He had this very focused look his face, and he was trying to concentrate. But he really just looked constipated.

"I GOT IT!" I yelled. I told Nat the plan, and I've never seen his smile so wide.

"LETS GET TO THE STORE! IM BUYING THE SUPPLIES!"

He grabbed his golden credit card that his dad gave him off his dresser and then grabbed my arm and dragged me out the door. We hoped on our motorcycles and went to the nearest convenient store for "supplies".

Edd's POV:

"So you're telling me he hasn't asked you to homecoming yet, and you guys practically live together?" Eddy says.

"Nope. Hasn't even hinted at it. I mean we have had a lot going on lately. And he hasn't came out to his dad yet. Maybe he's waiting?" I tell them.

"Why can't you ask him? I mean boys ask their dates. And, well, you're both boys. So can't you ask him too?" Ed adds.

"Hmmm. Good point Ed. I can ask him too. Do you think he'll say no?" I ask.

"Why would he say no?" Eddy asks as if I was incompetent.

Later during biology, I was taking notes when the overhead speakers started to crackle like static friction. It was really loud so everyone kind of jumped a little and some girls even let out a squeal.

"Good mourning, class." Someone said on a sultry voice. It kinda sounded like Nat.... "If you guys are up for something really cool, everyone head to the football field right now. We already cleared it with your teachers so no one will get in trouble".

Okay. That was definitely Nat and definitely a lie. But everyone got up and ran out the door. Mr.Flanagin was yelling at everyone to stop but nobody listened. I just sat their and when he looked at me he smiled a little bit like he was happy that someone listened to him.

"Edward Vincent, please report to the football field. NOW!" He yelled.

I gave Mr.Flanagin a half-hearted smile and grabbed my bag and left.

As I walked out of the school, the halls were empty. I guess everyone wanted to see what was happening. When I got outside I could see lots of students and faculty members out by the field. The were in a big crowd. There was no way I would be able to get through their and see what was happening. It's probably another team trashing our stands again. Oh well.

I was about to turn around and go back in when someone grabs my shoulder and whips me around.

"Nat! What's going on?" I said, he had a weird look on his face. He looked... worried?

"It's Kev... he's out there."

When his name left his lips I took off pushing through the huge crowd. I was hitting myself with bad questions.

Why is Nat so worried?

Why haven't I heard from Kevin today?

What is going on?

I pushed through faster, the thought of something wrong with Kevin caused a tear to run down my face. I could see the end of the crowd and I broke through. But when I did I gasped really loudly and everyone stopped and looked at me.

Kevin, and all his friends on the football team were standing on the field with signs that said 'Edd, will you go to Homecoming with me'. And my Kevin was holding the question mark. I looked at Kevin and he smiled big at me. He had a microphone that connected to the whole stadium.

"Edd. I know this is really cheesy and I waited a stupid amount of time to ask but... I love you and... Will you go to homecoming with me?" He asked.

I looked at him and smiled so wide I thought I was gonna be permanently like this. I ran up to him and hugged him. When we pulled apart he looked at me like he didn't know the answer.

"Yes! Of course!" I yelled and he pulled me into a kiss. Everyone started yelling and screaming and clapping. It was amazing. When I turned around there were hundreds of flashes from cameras.

After Kevin asked me, everyone went back to class. Kevin waited for me and walked me to lunch. He grabbed my hand and we walked down the hallway together. I knew people were watching but I just couldn't stop smiling so hard. I was so happy and excited. Kevin laughed at me but I didn't care.

He makes me so damn happy