07

Stage: Hellevator

[ Kang Ha-neul P.O.V ]

"THE SUN IS TOO HOT,"

"JISUNG STOP SCREAMING,"

Jisung couldn't stop screaming and the other couldn't stop gasping for air. The weather is very hot until most of us had to cover our face with extra cloth that we grab back there at the mansion. I tightens the grip of the backpack so that it wouldm't fall. Chan walks beside me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "You okay, Ha-neul?"
I just nod in response, not looking at him and just keep walking. Although we're in a forest that mostly could illuminate the sun's ray, it is still hot.

"We should take some rest you know, it's been awhile since we had stop for awhile," Chan states and everyone nods in response. I sigh before stops and quickly sits down, uncovering my face and wipes the sweat that clings on my forehead. Chan places himself besides me, uncovering his face also before gulping an amount of water.

"We're low on water,"

Chan nods and look to the direction which the 9th wall is placed. "We should be there in few more hours," I sighs and leans against the tree, a dead tree. The leaves had dropped and it seems to lose it colours. Chan did the same as what I did and he looks at me. I look back at him and gives a sad smile making him to twitch his eyebrow and pats my shoulder. "I need to go and take some air for awhile," I stands up but soon Chan grabs my wrist and make me face him with a worried face. "You're going alone, there?" I replied with a nod and he scrunches his face more and shakes his head.

"That's dangerous you know, someone have to accompany you," I look at him with guilty face while shaking my hands to him, signalling him that it's okay but being a stubborn person, Chan stands up and walks beside me not before the Woojin stops him.

"Chan, let her be alone for awhile, she needs some time to relax herself," Woojin leans against the tree while running a hand through his hair, wiping his sweats from his forehead and lets out a heavy sigh before making an eye contact with Chan. Chan groans and crosses his arms, his face conforts into a stress one. "She'll be dead in a minute out there, someone needs to take care of her and that should be a runner's job,"

"But I'm a runner too," all of the attention turns to the voice and our eyes land upon a red-haired boy. It was Seungmin, carving something on a rather thick stick he found before he points to Chan, his eyes bores into his. "Not to mention, I'm more good than you," Chan was taken aback before he sighs heavily and puts a hand on his hip and look at Seungmin with full of disbelief. "You don't have enough exprience you know, so that means, no," Seungmin scrunches his face as he throws the stick on the ground, crossing his arms and pouts. He mutters something under his breath that I couldn't hear and I just shrugs it off before walking away.

"Where do you think you're going, Ha-neul?" Chan grabs my wrist, preventing me from going any further and hr looks at me with worried face. "Let me accompany you," I just shook my head before slowly push his hand from mine. I smiles slightly before patting his shoulder. "I'm going to be fine, don't worry," he leans into the touch, the others just stare at us, some of the scoffs and rolls their eyes and I ruffles Chan's hair before leaving him behind.

---------

When the trees send a cold breeze to the atmosphere, I shivers slightly as I breathe in the fresh air. It was different though I don't know which part was different but I guess everything. The suns was about to set and I quickly go back to the camp base after wandering in the forest alone.

I rush back to them, blowing hot air to my hands and rub it together to keep my body temperature warm. I kept on walking to the camp site back, walking silently yet in a fast pace as I couldn't imagine how it could be if I'm dead here and I could't get all of them out. Wrinkles made its way to my head, sneaking between my forehead as I rubs my temples. All this time, Felix was right about me but how? How could he put all his trust into one point? I mean like I saw a somewhat good memories with him and now he only remembers the bad memories of me? What did they do to him until he became like this?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a soft thud behind my back and quickly I turn back only to be greeted with a baby fox ( *coughs* Jeongin ) whom possesed a black fur and a red eyes. I squeal internally as I try to approach it, slowly yet eagerly. The fox leans in for my touch and it rubs its head against the palm of my hand. "So soft little one," I smiles and picks it up, carrying it in my arms as it whimpers when I gently caress it. "What should I name you? Wait, I'm gonna adopt it? What? No way but this fox is too cute," I squeal when the fox nuzzles its nose against my chest and I decided to bring it home, for tonight only.

---------

"Ha-neul, where have you- OMG, THAT'S SO CUTEE-" I laughs when Jeongin rush towards me and begins to show an interest to the fox that I held in my hands. He gently rubs his head and the fox leaning in for the touch, feeling warmth and affection coming from Jeongin. The boy was awestruck as he looks at me with glitters in his eyes. "Where did you found it? He's so cute," I giggles when he ask my permission to carry the fox which I accept and he quickly takes the fox, gently nuzzling his nose against the fox's nose. "I found it in the forest, he was alone,"

Jeongin looks at it with adoring eyes as he hugs the fox. "What are you gonna name him?" I shrugs my shoulder and he laughs. "I decided to release him tomorrow morning," he gawks at me and look at the fox with sad eyes and look at me back. "Just take him with us!" The boy pleaded and I nervously laugh as I scratch my cheeks and tries to avert his gaze.

"Oh, Ha-neul, you're back. You had all of us worried sick you know," Changbin walks to both of us after he heaved a low sigh that's slightly audible as he tuck his hands inside the pocket of his jackets. The boy uncovers the hood that keeps covering the boy's face and he had a good features. I smiles when he pats my shoulder and gently caress the fox's head. "Even Felix oppa?" Jeongin stiffles a laugh when he sees Changbin's shocked face and the older one lightly smacks Jeongin's arm. "You know that he still hates you right? Nah, it's fine don't worry about him though. He tends to get grumpy upon meeting new comrades so let him be like that," Jeongin nods before he dashes off from the place with the fox in his hands and leaving both of us alone.

"You're going to keep him?" Changbin asks, not looking at me instead he keeps his attention to the boy whom seem happy with the fox. I shook my head slightly and smiles a little. "I decided to release him tomorrow," Changbin hums in reply and he shot me a small smile bedore ruffling my hair and walk towards Felix whom joins Seungmin in front of the bonfire they had made. Jeongin is showing the fox to the rest of the members with a huge smile on his face. He looks happy, that's cute.

---------