There was a silver blade in the girl's hand. Where she got it was unknown to Lauren.

"Baby," Lauren knelt in front of her, swiftly placing a hand on her girlfriend's knife-grasping hand. "What the fuck are you doing?"

Normani looked at her, her eyes soulless. "It's hard Laur."

"What is?" Lauren snapped back. "Hard enough to the point where you decided you were just gonna leave me?"

Normani cried even harder. "Stop." she whispered. "Just leave if you're gonna yell."

Lauren sighed. "Mani," she began to say, trying to distract her and take the blade away. "I'm yelling because I care about you, in case you didn't know, trying to kill yourself would be selfish."

"You're so great at comforting me." Normani remarked in a mean way. "Leave. Why did I even consider opening that door?"

Lauren shook her head. "Fuck no! Listen, it's selfish because there are so many people here that care and love you, Mani. Don't you get it?"

"I said leave."

"But-"

"LEAVE!" Normani swiped her arm away from Lauren, and turned away. She then aimed the knife at her own heart, and with as much force as she could, attempted to stab herself.

There was no screaming to be heard. Just the sound of a knife cutting skin.

Normani felt no pain, strangely enough.

It was dark, but only because she had closed her eyes.

She had thought that maybe she was dead, and instantly regretted her last words to Lauren. But then she opened her eyes once more, only to be met with the tiled walls of the bathroom.

Why was she still here?

The warmth from behind her hit her like a truck in that moment.

Normani looked down, only to see two arms wrapped around her, and two legs beside her, encasing her in a hug.

And a knife that was stabbed almost halfway through one of the arms.

"Fuck!" Normani screamed. She saw the blood gushing from Lauren's wound, snapped out of whatever trance she was just in, and quickly turned around in the girl's embrace.

She was met with Lauren's green eyes. They were very wide, full of pain. But the girl smiled at Normani as if she were something she needed to protect.

Normani's face was more frightened than Lauren had ever seen. The dark skinned girl brought a hand to her girlfriend's cheek, and looked her deep in the eyes. She pecked her on the lips, whispering how sorry she was and that she was never going to forgive herself.

That was enough of an apology for Lauren.

Normani then quickly got up, and ran into one of the stalls. She grabbed as much toilet paper as she thought would suffice.

And we're talking pounds of it.

Normani had enough experience to know that she would need professionals to remove the knife.

She pulled out her phone, and dialed 911, while cleaning the escaping blood already on the green eyed girl's arm.

"Lauren, I'm so fucking stupid-"

"Shh.." Lauren hushed her. "My life is in your hands now, focus on saving it." she joked and smiled a bit, wincing in pain.

And so that's what Normani did.

~

Later that day at the hospital, Lauren was left in her bed after an easy procedure. She would be fine, to everyone's relief.