chapter 27

The date of our wedding approached really fast, just one day remained, and I finally and officially became his. I had my bridal shower the day before, and it was awesome, even though it was just me, Anya, Ace's mom, and a few of the maids that I talked to. The only thing we didn't do was drink; I told them it was okay, but they said it was very inconsiderate because I was pregnant. We played games, danced, got gifts, and had fun, but we also had some weird discussions. I had never been so happy and close to people whom I had just met. For once, I felt like I was needed and appreciated. However, there was only one person missing, and that was Haley. I really wanted her to be there at my wedding, but I didn't know how to ask Ace because I was afraid he would say no.

Just to show that sometimes friends treat you better than family.

Ace's parents had everything prepared and ready for both of us. Ace and I both wanted a small wedding, not that I had many people to invite anyway. Also, considering our current situation with people targeting us, he said it should just be family and friends. I had to message Haley and let her know that I got married. I already didn't feel like a good friend for not telling her everything, so this was the least I could do.

Flashback

Rya-
Haley I have something important to tell you

Haley-
Wait, what is it?

Rya-
I'm getting married.

Haley-
Oh my god I'm so happy for you, see I told you everything will work out soon. He's handsome and a really nice guy, he also cares a lot about you, so I one hundred percent agree.

Rya-
The wedding will be happening in a few days though.

Haley-
What the fuck Rya that's really soon, what's the rush? Do you really love each other that much?

Rya-
Yeah, I love him, when he proposed to me I couldn't say no and we wanted to get married before the twins arrive.

Haley-
Oh well I need my invitation because I'm coming to Russia.

Rya-
I can't wait.
~~~~

Holy shit what did I just do. Haley is my best friend I couldn't hide it from her that I was getting married because if she found out she would've killed me. I need to persuade Ace into letting her come to the wedding.

Ace walked into the room and I stood up then walked over to him. "Ace can Haley come to my wedding please?" I asked and he looked at me.

"No" he simply said then walked over to the bed and I followed behind him.

"Please, I told her about the wedding and she asked if she could come. She's the only family I've got except for you guys, I couldn't hide such a special and important thing from my friend" I begged and he just stared at me blankly.

"Okay," he said, and I pouted. I was about to bring in his weakness, crying; he hated seeing me cry.

"Please, Ace, she—I won't tell her any—" I was about to say when he clasped my cheeks and made me stare into his eyes.

"Rya, I said okay," he said, and my eyes widened.

"Wait! Seriously?" I asked, and he nodded. I thought I had to convince him some more because Ace can be really stubborn. He agreed so quickly that I didn't even realize. "Yay, thank you," I said, then hugged him really tight.

"I'll take care of everything and make sure she gets here safe. I'm only doing this because you asked, and you've been such a good girl. Also, I did some background checks on her, so it's safe to say that she can come," he said with a shrug, and I pecked his lips a few times.