chapter 21

ACE POV

I only left for a few minutes to take an important call, only to come back to my fiancée almost dying because some fucking idiot forgot that peanuts should not be added to her cake. I was worried to death seeing her in that condition, and it broke my heart into pieces.

Imagine that I hate seeing her upset and crying, but this was beyond that; she was suffering. The pain and the way she gasped for air made her skin start to get red and swollen. I couldn't take it; luckily, her friend had one of those Epipens, or she would've died on the spot. I can't even think about that thought.

My poor baby just wanted to enjoy her birthday, but that dick head spoiled it, and I'll make him fucking pay. Those hits that he got are nothing compared to what I'm going to do to him for putting my fiancée and unborn babies in danger. Consider that restaurant finished. I swear, if it wasn't for Rya calling me, I would've snapped and take my gun out and killed everyone that worked in the cafe, or whomever tried getting in my way.

Dmitri and I drove to the hospital quickly, and we made it in time. The doctor assured me that Rya was going to be perfectly fine after giving her an injection. But to me, that wasn't enough to know that she was okay. I wanted to see her innocent and beautiful eyes stare at me, and then her smile, which melts my heart.

 I wanted to see her innocent and beautiful eyes stare at me, and then her smile, which melts my heart

"Rya," I called as I watched her peacefully sleeping. I kissed the top of her head, then sighed. A knock sounded on the door, and I turned my head to look over my shoulder. It was Rya's best friend.

"I'm sorry to disturb, but is Rya up as yet?" Haley asked with worry in her voice. I shook my head, and she slowly approached me. I watched as she stared down at Rya, then leaned forward to brush a loose strand of hair out of her face.

"You really care about her, don't you?" I asked, and she looked over at me and nodded.

"Yeah, she's like a sister to me; I've known her ever since I was little," Haley said, then paused. "We would share everything together, cry together, and be happy together. I really don't like it when she's far away from me, knowing how much she has been through. I worry a lot, but knowing that she's with you and she's safe and happy, I feel a relief," Haley said, and I chuckled a little.

She really likes to talk.

I guess I can trust her enough to let her come stay at the house.

You mean kidnap her too?

Her phone started ringing, and she quickly answered, then walked out. I gently laid my head on Rya's leg, then sighed. I was about to close my eyes when I felt her hand playing in my hair. I smiled a little, then turned to face her. "Ry," I called, and she smiled. "How are you feeling now?" I asked her, and she tried sitting up. "Be careful," I told her as I got up and moved closer to her.

"I'm fine," Rya said, and I sighed in relief, then pecked her lips. "Are the babies okay?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Rya, finally you are awake," Haley sniffed as she walked over to us. "I'm sorry that your birthday got ruined," she said, and I shook my head.

"It's okay, it's not ruined, and I still got to spend it with you," Rya said, and Haley hugged her.

"Ace, I'm hungry," Rya said as she slowly turned her attention to me.

"Okay, I'll be back; watch her carefully," I said sternly to Haley, and she quickly nodded.

RYA POV

"I specifically told them no peanuts, and Noah knows that; we go there every year. That stupid chef really messed things up," Haley said as she paced around the room. "They could've fucking killed you; I guess Henry did deserve that beating that he got, even though it was a bit harsh." Haley then shook her head.

"It was an accident," I said, and Haley walked up to me and then sat down.

"Did you see how Ace handled that dude? He almost killed him. He was angry; I swear, he looked like a whole different person, like some split personality shit. Luckily, you called him; if it wasn't for that, there would've been a murder scene." Haley said, and I began to play with my fingers nervously.

"Holy shit" was the only thing I could think of to say.

"Holy shit indeed. Are you sure this is an ordinary businessman? No offense, but he kind of looks dangerous, but I can tell that he really cares about you," Haley said, then paused.

"It's nothing like that, Haley; he just works out and does a little boxing in his spear time," I said, and she nodded and pursed her lips.

"What kind of business did you say he did?" She asked, and I quickly tried thinking of something.

"He's an entrepreneur, and he owns a..." I was about to lie when Ace walked in.

"Here, I brought you some tacos, and I bought something for you as well," Ace said, then handed the bags over to us.

"What the fuck? This is my favorite," Haley said, and I looked over at Ace, who had a smirk on his face.

"Lucky guess," Ace said, and I chuckled.

He definitely did a background check on her.

"Can we leave this place?" I asked Ace, and he nodded.

"Yeah, the doctor said as soon as you wake up, you can be discharged," Ace said, and I smiled. "Dmitri, come go get the doctor," Ace said to the earpiece in his ear.

A few minutes later, Dmitri came back with the doctor. "Doctor, check again if she's 100% fine," Ace said, and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine," I whined, and he glared at me.

"Is that Dmitri?" Haley whispered into my ears, and I smirked.

"Yes, he is," I told her, and Haley bit her lip.

"How many fine guys are there in Russia?" She asked, and I chuckled. "Maybe I should travel there," Haley said as she took a bite of her sandwich.

"You are good to go, Ms. Solace," the doctor said, and Ace walked over to me and helped me stand up.

"We are going home," Ace said as he led me out the door, and I immediately got sad.

"No, not yet, please. I wanted to see how my business was doing; please don't let us go," I said while staring up at him with sad eyes. He stared at me for a while, as if he were thinking about it, then sighed.

"Fine, we can leave tomorrow," he said in submission, and I got excited and started dancing a little. I heard him chuckle, and I felt a little embarrassed.

"Dmitri, we are going back to the hotel," Ace said, then looked behind him. "Dmitri?" Ace called, then raised his eyebrows in confusion. "He was just behind me."

I looked behind me, and I saw both Haley and Dmitri walking out together.

Well damn, I think this bitch got herself a man.

"Dmitri, hotel," Ace said, and Dmitri nodded, then whispered something into Haley's ear, making her giggle.

As soon as we left the hospital, I told Haley goodbye and got into the car.

____________________