chapter 9

RYA POV

I couldn't get Haley off my mind; I needed to talk to her. I'm so glad that I remember her number in my head. I just need to ask Vasiliev for it; I still didn't get his first name. I just finished having a bath, and I was wrapped up in a towel. "What am I supposed to wear? If I knew, I would've waited and asked him first before taking a bath. I looked around the bathroom, and I saw his black robe folded neatly in a corner. I picked it up and put it on quickly. I walked over to the mirror to examine myself, and I saw that it had his name written on it. Ace," I whispered. Was that really his name?

My hair was a mess, my eyes were swollen from crying, and the tip of my nose was red. I grabbed Ace's brush and slowly began brushing my hair up. I used my scrunchie to hold my hair, then put it in a messy bun. "Done," I whispered to myself, then left the bathroom.

"You took so long in the bathroom that I had to use another bathroom so that I didn't make you feel uncomfortable," Ace said, then sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Um... I need clothes," I softly said to him, and his eyes met mine. He examined my body, and his lips twitched into a little smirk, and his eyes had a glint of mischief.

"Hold on, let me see what I can get for you. You'll go shopping tomorrow for new clothes," he said, then left the room.

Aren't you going to try leaving?

What's the point? I know what he's capable of, and I'm not trying to piss him off or put myself and the baby in danger.

A few minutes later, he came back with a blue t-shirt in hand and shorts. Hmm, no underwear? He handed it to me, and I took it, then walked back into the bathroom. I removed his robe and placed it to the side. I put on the clothes, and to my surprise, they fit perfectly. I walked back into the room, and my eyes landed on him; he was reading a book with his glasses on. Damn, he looks fine. But couldn't he put on a shirt? My eyes trailed from his neck down to his waist and hands; he had tattoos all over his body.

 But couldn't he put on a shirt? My eyes trailed from his neck down to his waist and hands; he had tattoos all over his body

If I were to have a husband or boyfriend, this man is definitely not the person I would find myself with. Maybe in a suit, but without it, he looks like a gangster. I don't think I would want to put my baby in danger, but since this is already happening, I can't stop it since I am carrying his child.

I'm not sure what I did to deserve all this; haven't I been through enough already?

Was he going to stay here all night and watch me?

"Ace, can I get a call, please? I need to talk to my best friend," I told him, and he placed the book to the side and then looked at me.

No," he simply said, and my heart sank.

"Please, please, please, I promise I won't let her know that I got kidnapped," I begged, and he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Fine," he said, and I got all happy inside. He leaned over to his drawer and took out an old phone.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked, and he chuckled.

"Take it or leave it," Ace said, and I glared at him but took the phone. I dialed her phone number on the button, then pressed call. I heard the phone ringing, and a sigh of relief left my lips.

"Who is this?" Haley asked.

"It's me, Rya," I said, and I heard her gasp.

"Rya, where are you? It's been two days, and I'm just hearing from you. I've been calling and calling, but no answer." She didn't get to finish because I cut her off.

"I'm sorry, Hales; I was busy and stuff, but I promise I'm fine. I traveled somewhere else because I was stressed," I told her.

"But how could you just travel without telling me? What about the baby? You promised me that I'd get to see the ultrasound photos. I was looking forward to that," Haley said with sadness in her voice.

"Don't worry, Hales, I'll send them to you," I assured her.

"Something is not adding up," Haley suddenly said, and I looked over at Ae, who was already staring at me. "Why are you calling me on a new phone number and not yours, and what country did you go to for vacation?" Maybe I can join in?" Haley questioned, and I gulped. I had to come up with an excuse.

"End it," Ace mouthed to me, and I slowly nodded.

"I had to get a new number because my dad called me the other day. I'm not sure how he got it, but he called me. It turns out he knows everything about what I did, like he's following me," I said, and she gasped. "He's the reason I left California, but I'll be back soon," I added.

"I'm sorry, your family is crazy, Rya. But you sti-" she was about to say when Ace grabbed the phone from my hand and ended the call.

"No, I wasn't finished," I told him, and he stared at me with a blank face, which means he didn't care.

"Times up, love," he said, and I started to cry.

"I hate you," I said, and he gasped, then placed his hand on his chest as if he were hurt.

"You hurt my feelings. Oh, wait, I don't care," he said.

Asshole, I'd rather the father of this child be homeless than be with him.

I wiped my tears away, then walked over to the bed. I don't think I can sleep with this psychopath in the room, but this pregnancy is making me so tired. My eyes landed on the book that he was reading, and my eyes widen: 'How to Get Away with Murder.

What the actual fuck

Ace also got into bed, and I raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?" I asked, and he turned to look at me.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to bed," he said in a duh tone.

"You don't have to sleep in the same room as me; I promise I won't leave," I begged, and he laughed.

"If you haven't noticed, this is my room, and you, my love, is sleeping right here beside me," Ace said. This guy is unbelievable.

"What about the room before? Can't I go sleep in the guest room?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"No, I want you to be here so I know that you are okay," he said, and I sighed. There is no point arguing with him; he's so stubborn.

"Fine then," I said, then grabbed a pillow. He watched me as I walked over to his chair and then sat down. "I'll sleep here," I told him, and he shrugged, wrapped himself up in his sheet, and clapped his hand two times to turn off the lights. It was pitch black, and let's just say that I'm a little scared of the dark. I clapped my hands twice to turn it back on. Ace turned on his side so that he was facing me, then gave me a death glare.

"I'm scared of the dark," I managed to say, and he frustratedly got up and left the room. Was he going to come back or sleep somewhere else? I waited for awhile, and I saw him coming back with a lamp in hand. Ace turned it on, got back in bed, clapped his hands, and turned the lights off again.

Well, that was very considerate of him.
_______________