Chapter 28: Happy Birthday!

Start from the beginning

"Yeah but when you have children of your own and a family you're gonna love those kids till the end. So might as well practice being a mama right now."

I nearly face palmed myself. "Dinah. I'm seventeen! Well.. Eighteen since today's my birthday but still. I don't think its necessary to talk about me having a 'family' because I don't think that'll ever happen." I shrugged.

I don't think I'll ever have kids or a family with that 'perfect' wife and house and all those shit.

It's just weird thinking about it.

I mean... If I have to admit. I would love having my own family with maybe 3 or 4 kids. But... Its just hard to think about that because I don't think anyone would ever love me. I don't even think I'll love anyone. I just don't think so.

Sighing, Dinah patted my shoulder. "Don't lose hope Chanch." Is what she says.

All I do is shrug my shoulders, offering a small smile in thanks before clapping my hands once. "All right! Let's go and get this birthday party over with." I decided to change the subject, grinning at Dinah. She didn't mind the topic change and she smiled, nodding her head before tugging on my arm.

"This way."

---------

Well the cake has already been brought out and to be honest...it wasn't so bad.

"No! Its my toy! Give it back!"

Never mind.

Fuck my life. I knew this was such a shit idea.

"No!" The other little girl screamed back.

I watched in horror as they started going at each other, pulling each others little short hair and my eyes widened as they got closer to where I was standing. "Uh. Dinah!" I yelled out in hopes of calling her over.

She looked my way from where she was standing, laughing silently to herself as she waved me off. "Good luck." She mouthed and I secretly flipped her off.

Shit. What do I do!

Gulping, I inched closer to the two screaming kids, nervously biting my lips as I neared them.

I'm usually confident with girls y'know. But these girls are bloody kids and I am not confident at all when looking at them.

But then again.. They're just children. So what the fuck am I afraid of? Psh. Heck no.

Shaking my head, I cleared my throat loudly for them to hear.

They did. And they stopped for a moment, making me nearly shit myself as their big puppy dog eyes gazed up at me in question.

I stood up straighter. "Uh... You guys...need to uh.. Behave." My voice got stronger. "Okay? You need to behave otherwise you'll get no piece of the birthday cake."

Hm. That wasn't so hard.

Nearly grinning to myself, I resisted the urge, instead looking down at the small girls with a straight face.

Bad idea I guess?

'Cause suddenly one of the little girl starts crying so fucking loudly and my eyes go wide, immediately trying to hush her down.

"Shhhh! I—please stop crying. Shh!" I shushed her, hesitantly patting her head. It didn't work because she started crying even more loudly and I cussed quietly, as her cries got louder everyone started to turn around in my direction which made me fucking nervous and stressed out.

"Shh! Shut up!" I hissed quietly.

Smiling nervously at everyone, I waved. "Uh..  Don't worry! I got everything under control.." Some looked away while some still stared at the crying child. Great.