Chapter 13 - Sarada

Thanks for reading! I don't own any of Naruto! Please let me know if you enjoy!

——————————————————————-

Karin's eyes widened as she saw Sasuke standing there in the doorway, clutching a very pregnant, panting Sakura.

"Sasuke, what on earth—-?" Karin asked, in shock.

What was he doing here at a time like this?

"Karin, the baby's coming! We need your help! Now!" Sasuke practically shouted at her as Sakura writhed and groaned in his arms.

What?

Karin didn't even know they were having a baby.

Why weren't they in the village were they belonged?

Dazed, Karin stepped aside and let Sasuke bring his laboring wife in. The red-headed woman quickly ushered them into a room set up for medical examinations and had Sasuke lay Sakura on the bed.

Karin began to exam Sakura, speaking quietly and calmly to her, while Sasuke watched, his eyes wide with fear and apprehension.

"Sasuke, why isn't she in a hospital?" Karin snapped at him angrily.

Karin spread Sakura's legs and began to gently check her.

She couldn't help but frown in pity for the gasping, moaning pinkette in front of her.

"We were traveling.....we were on our way home when she started to feel pain!.......I can still take her back, I have plenty of chakra.." Sasuke stammered.

His eyes widened as a screech like he had never heard tore from Sakura's throat.

"No time." Karin said, quickly going over to the sink and scrubbing her hands. "This baby's coming right now."

Sasuke's eyes turned into saucers and he held up a shaky hand to comfort Sakura until Karin began to push him towards the door.

"Sasuke, get out! You'll only be in the way!" Karin shouted at him as Sakura screamed again, the red-headed woman positioned herself between his wife's legs.

Sasuke turned white and stumbled out of the room, collapsing against a wall outside as his heart pounded in his chest.

He wanted to be in the room with Sakura, no matter what it took, but if Karin said he would be in the way, he respected that.

He had shown up begging for her help, after all.

Sasuke wanted to do whatever was best for Sakura and the baby.

Every time he heard a scream come from the room, his eyes widened and his heart raced.

It wasn't right that he was out here and she was in there.

He and Sakura were two hearts combined as one.

His place was beside her.

——————————————————————-

Sakura's vision was a little blurry and she felt close to falling asleep, when she saw Karin bend down close and hand her a crying, tiny bundle wrapped in a towel.

Sakura's breathing was still heavy as she vaguely realized it was over now. She was holding her baby.

She was holding Sasuke's heir.

Sakura chuckled quietly, happily to herself, moving the little towel out of the way.

Sakura's expression of joy turned to one of heartbreak as she saw she had failed.

Black hair, as dark as raven wings covered the baby's head, sparkling onyx eyes blinked curiously up at Sakura, but between the baby's legs.......

The baby was a girl.

Sakura laid her head back in disappointment on the pillow as the baby whimpered, wanting acceptance from her mother.

How could this be?

She promised Sasuke an heir, and now this.

Could he ever forgive her?

—————————————————————

Sasuke's eyes were still wide with fear, panic, and apprehension as he heard Sakura's screams stop.

Then he heard a very small, very fragile cry.

His eyes widened.

Was that......?

Could it really be......?

The door swung open and Karin stepped out, "You can come in now, Sasuke." The red-haired woman said as she walked out of the room to give the new family a moment alone.

Sasuke felt like his body was made of lead as he began to move towards the door, his wide eyes falling onto the exhausted pinkette and what looked like a burrito in her arms.

"Sasuke...." Sakura whispered with tears in her eyes.

Sasuke thought they were tears of happiness.

He didn't realize they were tears of sadness, tears that begged him for forgiveness and mercy.

"Sa-ku-ra...." Sasuke whispered back in amazement as he gently took the little burrito from his wife and looked at his child for the first time.

Sasuke thought the child was beautiful with it's mother's smooth, pale, creamy skin and ebony hair covering its tiny head, bright eyes staring up at its father curiously.

"The baby......." Sakura whimpered as Sasuke removed the towel folds to inspect his newborn, his eyes looking at the gender.

A moment of silence fell.

Sakura's heart felt like it was going to burst.

Would Sasuke be so angry he would abandon them both right here, right now?

"......is beautiful." Sasuke purred, his eyes soft and loving as he gently re-wrapped his tiny daughter and cradled her close.

"Thank you for this gift, my darling. Thank you for my heir." Sasuke whispered to Sakura, kissing her lips sweetly.

"You're not angry?" Sakura sighed in relief.

"Of course not, I love you and I love her with all my heart. We're a family now." Sasuke grinned at Sakura, who gave him a tired smile in return.

Two hearts combined as one.

How silly of Sakura to think Sasuke would leave her over something like this.

The baby cooed happily at her father as he kissed her tiny head. "I want to call her Sarada, my little blossom." The male Uchiha said with a proud grin.

Sasuke and Sakura stayed where they were until Sakura was strong enough to travel again.

When that day came, with their little newborn in tow, the couple bid goodbye to Karin, and made their way back towards Konoha to return to their village and start their new life together as a family.

The next generation of the Uchiha clan had arrived.