Chapter 3- Ready

Hello! Thanks for reading! Please let me know if you enjoy! I don't own any of Naruto!

——————————————————————

The years that followed that night were difficult and fraught with bloodshed. Sakura did not hear much from Sasuke. He seemed to turn more and more into the darkness with each passing day. The pinkette had thought, for some reason, when he got away from Orochimaru, things would change. That had not been so.

After the death of his brother, he seemed to turn into an animal. He was no longer the boy she remembered, he was a beast. Trying to murder his own comrades, his own village. Sakura's heart that had already borne so much pain now shouldered the burden of ending the life of the man she loved. But when that moment came, she crumbled. She couldn't do it. He certainly didn't have a problem attempting to end hers, though. Had it not been for her Kakashi, death would have come for Sakura that very day.

It wasn't until after the war, safe in Konoha that she finally got a chance to talk to Sasuke again. One evening, she walked home. She was alone one second, and then the next, the Uchiha male was beside her. Sakura said nothing. Neither did he. Their mouths were still as they walked but their minds were spinning. Sakura didn't know what to say. She was still so madly in love with Sasuke, but things had changed after everything they had been through. Had they changed for the good? Or, for the worse?

Sasuke finally respected Sakura for being a strong woman. Recently, he had spent a lot of time reflecting on all of his crimes and ways to make amends. He thought maybe one of his greatest offenses was the way he had treated Sakura. The only problem was, he had no idea how to make amends for that. Maybe he would start with something simple, like dinner. Dinner seemed to work on Naruto pretty well.

As they walked through the twilight, he knew he was standing beside the one person who had seen his worst and loved him anyway. Sasuke knew he was with the one who would stand beside him no matter what time would bring. And for that, he was falling in love. He had been afraid before. Afraid to connect, afraid to reach out. Afraid to admit he was capable of feeling those emotions. That was part of the toll his enormous loss had taken on him. But, looking over at the soft smile on the pinkette's lips, he wasn't afraid anymore.

"So, are you hungry?" Sasuke said casually. He thought he sounded pretty stupid. He didn't know what to say. He knew his way around a battlefield just fine. But he had never asked a woman out before.

"Oh! Um," Sakura's heart skipped a beat. Did Sasuke just ask her out?! Maybe?! Was he finally willing to see her for who she truly was? Did he finally understand her devotion to him? "Sure, Yes!" Sakura replied.

The meal that followed was mostly eaten in silence. Sakura knew Sasuke had always been a man of few words, but this was ridiculous. "Sasuke," Sakura spoke softly. Sasuke looked up at her and wondered what she would say. "Is your ramen good?" Sakura asked.

His stomach dropped in disappointment for some reason. "Yes. Is yours?" He asked. The pinkette's nodded.

More silence.

Sakura dreamed of this for years. She never thought it would be this awkward between them. Once they finished, the Uchiha and the pinkette walked side by side again. Sakura noticed Sasuke was walking her home, and she let him. She wasn't afraid of him that night, so many years ago, when he came to her with his heart consumed by evil. She certainly wasn't afraid of him now. If he made the same request tonight though, she wasn't sure she would refuse him. A blush burned over her cheeks as she thought.

They both stood still once they reached Sakura's door. Onyx orbs bore into her green ones as they met each other's gaze. Sasuke was a Shinobi. He should have excellent control over his instincts and emotions, but looking at Sakura in the moonlight, he let go, only for a moment. So did she. His arms wound around her waist and he pressed his lips to hers, tasting them. Pink, plump, and soft. Just like cherries, he smirked into their kiss. He was surprised when Sakura pulled away and gently turned his head to whisper into his ear. "Sasuke,"

"Yes?" Came the husky response.

"I'm ready to give you what you asked me for." Sakura whispered.

The offer went straight to his loins. Onyx orbs widened and Sasuke tried to calm himself. Would the next generation of Uchiha come sooner than he thought?